Author Topic: Towers of Magic  (Read 15760 times)

Offline Mechanaut

Re: Towers of Magic
« Reply #300 on: June 23, 2017, 06:22:59 PM »
I could use some ideas for building btw now :) I have library, clerical university, wizards university, fort, church, harbour, beach, farms, werehouses, guilds, fighters training ground, theater (with rogues guild), some poligon for improvised athletics ect. But I guess I could add some more interesting buildings in the northern area just need some ideas.
Bathouse. Stables. Shipyard. Arena (gladiatorial contests, chariot races, navel battle reenactments). City Hall. Town Square (perhaps with statues). Merchant's Bazaar.  The Bazarr could be a big tent, leading to an interior map.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2017, 12:07:36 AM »
Thanks for ideas, here is what I think about them and how they would fit into mod:

Bathouse - Cool idea, but I have lake near and beach in town near docks, so that will do :)
Stables - I have them
Shipyard -  Very good, I have made docks but I miss this :) I will dedicate one part of them for shipyard. I was thinking about one but forgot it while did mapping.
Arena - I am not fun of blood or dangerous sports, and this should be good town. There is some place for improvised athletics though.
City Hall - Already have this in castle.
Town Square (perhaps with statues) - Cool idea, park can do too :) thank You or some similar place
Merchant's Bazaar.  The Bazarr could be a big tent, leading to an interior map - Also good idea, I have something like merchant quarter maybe I should make some makings shops too.

Thank You :) Will try to add new things.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #302 on: June 26, 2017, 01:35:34 AM »
Ok here are the maps last maps doesnt have a key because I have forgot to add it but big building is library with parks on both sides and others are farms and homes of heroes of town (something like Elminster ect)

Now I will need to map all that in DC except 2 that I have already done. New thing will be wall around town.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 01:52:17 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #303 on: June 26, 2017, 02:42:55 AM »
This looks quite impressive. It might be a real challenge though to make such huge and well-ordered localities feel alive.
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #304 on: June 26, 2017, 03:51:14 AM »
Yes You are right :) it is bigger then I have planned :) but I will try to do it. I just need to make some story for those places that are not finished, probably they will be under attack :)

But it will be a playground for any other adventures I might add to it :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2017, 05:37:15 AM »
I was really busy lately and from now on I expect that it will be better and I will start working on the beach. Good news is that we fixed electricty there and I expect to be able to continue my work on this module. Bad news is that I will not be able to work in DS and create my own characters which I really like but here is some art that I have gathered so far and maybe it can be used for some NPCs or something else https://www.pinterest.com/milosgulan77/

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2017, 02:09:43 AM »
I hope you are not affected by the wildfires?
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #307 on: July 19, 2017, 05:10:32 AM »
I am not, the hill across bay is totaly under fire and yesterday before night was like Mordor visited us. There was huge smoke atop of the hill and above great mushroom of smoke. It looked like volcano from Mordor to me and I was just sad. Two planes were droping water and they stoped fire for some time and possibly for good that were spreading toweard homes, I am just sorry that I didn't have camera with me and was too tired to go to home to take it.

This morning all around was smoke andit was so hard to breathe, though fires toned down they still were visible and it was really just an awful sight. I remembered one australian movie I watched some time ago when they needed to go away from homes else they would get in trouble. I was thinking what would I do if things would get to my homes. I am just hoping that will not happen as those fires are still far away and on the other sides. I will post some pictures eventualy as I am tired now from cutting grass.

But big thanks for Your concern :) btw I am working on some 3d pics :) kinda really enjoy it from time to time.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #308 on: August 06, 2017, 11:14:41 PM »
I have not worked on this because I was too busy, but I am hoping that I will continue soon, and I really miss it :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2017, 05:16:39 PM »
I have become PC+ member, I really hope I will do some better artwork for my mod from now on :) here is what I have did lately first pic should be new characters that will probably be basic NPCs and I will need to do sprites and portraits and icons of them :)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2017, 10:23:56 AM »
Nice... what kind of creature is that grey thing?

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #311 on: August 14, 2017, 04:29:31 PM »
Something like a drow or half drow :) but it was just a test render that I think turned good. It reminds me of Drizzt. I have got another that looks like Wulfgar but will work on that more later :) Was thinking how it would be good now to learn Visual basic and C++ that is something that I now really wish and will have to work on that :)

Anyway time to update DC from here and start to work on it again yay http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3598.0

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #312 on: August 14, 2017, 06:16:39 PM »
Done maping southern part of the town where port is. I will need to do sea but fist northern part :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #313 on: August 14, 2017, 08:10:08 PM »
I did half of the northern part too, better to leave ir for another time 3am now :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #314 on: August 15, 2017, 05:14:03 PM »
I have finished with mapping of town, only that I have not done docks and sea to the south...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:19:51 PM by Milos Gulan »

anything