Author Topic: Inspirations: Movies, Music, Websites etc.  (Read 112425 times)

Offline hans

Re: Inspirations: Movies, Music, Websites etc.
« Reply #1200 on: December 18, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is a very good and very long movie. 

Tho flawed, it's the best of the new Star Wars films.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #1201 on: December 20, 2017, 04:01:20 PM »
Ladyhawke, movie that looks good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGs4o_5jyhw

Offline hans

« Reply #1202 on: December 21, 2017, 02:22:02 PM »
I was disappointed that Star Wars: The Last Jedi did not validate several of my fan theories: 

My Fan Theory #1:  Rey is the daughter of Luke & Leia. 

Sure, it breaks taboo (and is pretty nasty), but I theorized that somehow they had seen the future and realized that the only chance for the rebellion was to combine their midi-chlorians into one Super-Skywalker!  Well, after all, wasn't Rey portrayed as such in The Force Awakens...?  --Performing advanced Jedi feats without a single lesson...? 

My Fan Theory #2: Finn is the son of Lando Calrissian & Leia. 

This theory is based entirely on the old adage that during the original trilogy, "Leia was the only woman in the galaxy."

My Fan Theory #3:  Supreme Leader Snoke is actually Jar Jar Binks.

I figured that the difference in appearance could be attributed to the brutal thrashing Jar Jar received at the hands of fans after The Phantom Menace.  As for the rest: "Tis a longo taleo, buta small part of it wawdbe meesa... aaaa..... clumsy."
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:02:20 PM by hans »

Offline Mechanaut

« Reply #1203 on: December 22, 2017, 12:18:47 AM »
Ladyhawke, movie that looks good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGs4o_5jyhw
It is good... but it's low budget, so it's mainly got style, and thrifty effects going for it.

Offline hans

« Reply #1204 on: December 24, 2017, 10:27:44 PM »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #1205 on: December 25, 2017, 09:59:09 AM »

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #1206 on: December 25, 2017, 08:58:56 PM »
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline hans

« Reply #1207 on: December 26, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is a very good and very long movie. 

Tho flawed, it's the best of the new Star Wars films.

Now that it's been another week, I'll expand my thoughts, a bit: 

Although I feel it's a very good movie, on balance it is only a mediocre Star Wars movie.  "On balance" because one half of the movie is excellent, while the other half is the worst that Star Wars has ever been. 

The scenes with Luke Skywalker, Rey and Kylo Ren are great.  The acting is superb, and it delivers something the last two films failed to manage, but the Lucas trilogies consistently offered: Epic Myth

Outside of a couple of good battle scenes, the other half of the movie was awful for reasons too numerous for me to now relate. 

When the credits began to roll and the audience began to leave, I noted that they seemed very subdued.

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #1208 on: January 05, 2018, 07:07:49 AM »
Thanks hans. I saw The Last Jedi today for the first time, so had avoided reading your posts until now. I found the film pretty fun.

Warning: the following may contain minor spoilers.

I was surprised we didn’t find out more about Snoke. Who was he? Where did he come from? Did I miss this?

Also, I’m not sure that we should necessarily trust that Rey’s parents are as Kylo Ren told her (though your fan theory is not on the cards).

Offline hans

« Reply #1209 on: January 07, 2018, 06:55:47 PM »
Thanks hans. I saw The Last Jedi today for the first time, so had avoided reading your posts until now. I found the film pretty fun.

Warning: the following may contain minor spoilers.

I was surprised we didn’t find out more about Snoke. Who was he? Where did he come from? Did I miss this?

Also, I’m not sure that we should necessarily trust that Rey’s parents are as Kylo Ren told her (though your fan theory is not on the cards).

Warning: the following may contain major spoilers. 

You didn't miss anything.  The only new things we found out about Snoke is that he had truly awesome Force powers (which made him a much more powerful threat than Kylo Ren) and that he had poor peripheral vision.   :P 

What I would love to see, --desperately love to see, in episode 9 is an extended flashback answering these Snoke questions that includes him losing a long, super-well-choreographed light sabre duel with Luke Skywalker (which I would presume would explain Snoke's bad looks).  It's not too late to give fans the amazing Luke Skywalker light-sabre duel that they were so hoping to see in The Last Jedi...! 

You're not the only one to have doubts about the state of Rey's backstory.  It could change. 

Or it could be added upon with additional information, such as: 
What if those "poor junk traders" weren't Rey's biological parents...? 
Or what if one or both of them were something quite different before taking up the profession of "poor junk traders"...? 

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #1210 on: January 12, 2018, 03:23:38 AM »
Very nice song  ;D I-CON 27:Bards - Don't Go Drinking With Hobbits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0gOhkOMuY

It seems there are more nice songs on that channel will have to listen :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #1211 on: January 14, 2018, 03:41:16 PM »
Rise of the Guardians ~ Britt Nicole - Welcome to the Show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBKC-R8n4Rk

anything