Author Topic: REVIEW: Closeups  (Read 1108 times)

Offline hans

REVIEW: Closeups
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:07:50 PM »
Hi, everybody!

Ben J., after tantalizing folks at the UA Forums for many weeks with samples of his work, has released his first pic collection for UA.  The name (closeups) is descriptive of the content.  It contains 47 very nicely converted portraits in the standard fantasy vein.

My favorites from this collection include: 

P_MAN05.PCX :  Regular-sized pic (as are all in the set) of a stern man with glowing red eyes.  Perfectly symmetrical, with a straight-ahead stare on his stern face, indicate a fiercely single-minded state of mind.

P_OLD05.PCX :  An elderly, eastern man, looking sorrowful.  The fact that his head is upright and balanced suggests that his tightly closed eyes and pained expression displays a moral agony rather than simple, emotional loss.

P_WOM03.PCX :  A pale woman with heavy, dark makeup under her eyes.  Her head is angled slightly downward, so while her eyes are looking straight at the viewer, she is not facing them directly.  This, along with the way it causes the darkness under her eyes becomes accentuated, makes her seem less than trustworthy.  (She could easily fill the role of a vampiress.) 

A wonderful debut, Ben!  Thanks for the cool pics!   :D

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Re: REVIEW: Closeups
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 02:12:32 PM »
Thanks very much for the review, hans!  :)

P_WOM03.PCX (along with P_WOM11.PCX) is also my favorite of the pack, because it converted so well to FRUA format.

Next up is a creature pack, but I'm still pondering whether I should wait until "The Sect" is finished and then include the pics from that game with it.
Actually, there should be enough pics for several creature packs, the orks* alone would be about 35 smallpics.

* I decided to keep the German spelling of names wherever possible.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 02:14:32 PM by Ben J »
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Ixnatifual

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:41:16 AM »
Some of these old guy pics are just perfect for a scholar in the module I'm working on. :)

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 07:39:35 AM »
I'm glad that my pic collection can be of help with your mod.  :)
Released designs:

The Sect