Author Topic: Hero Craft walls and backdrops  (Read 348 times)

Online Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
Re: Hero Craft walls and backdrops
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 11:22:10 PM »
That's certainly more detail than I was expecting, and it looks great. One drawback is the need to make a lot of different walls, or else end up with a street that has 20 "Hobby Shops" in a row.

The sidewalk looks great, too. An excellent reason to use the DC feature where each direction has its own backdrop.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Mechanaut

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 12:07:48 AM »
An excellent reason to use the DC feature where each direction has its own backdrop.
I didn't know about that feature.  8)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 06:07:20 AM »
Oh! Does that mean in FRUA, you can only have one backdrop per square? I was not aware of that!
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 12:55:05 PM »
The rest of my shops will be generic. :D I have two or three more pictures to work with, and then i am doing a bunch of hand-drawn mix-n-match kind of things with window sign and door sign overlays.

The backdrop will actually be at least 9 backdrops, unless I do intersections...(I really have the urge to create a stop sign wall, so it would look better with an appropriate backdrop that would bring the total up to something in the 20s) :D

I n each DC cell, you have four backdrops -  one for each direction. The editor allows you to load the same one to all four directions at once or to one direction at a time. You can also turn on banding, so each cell can look very different in each of the directions. :)

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 07:02:51 AM »
Looks great!

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »
I think I will redo the above walls - take the name off and make a few name overlays. Maybe make a different colored version?

The only drawback for working on walls and backdrops is that I am not working muc on the coding. (But, I am thinking about it...)

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 02:03:37 PM »
While I am working walls specifically for Hero craft, I do have a large library of textures. I went through these and used Dan Morton's wallgen to make walls i thought would work in superhero, modern and/or sci-fi settings.

http://manikus.reonis.com/files/walls/walls_640x480.html

Online Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 12:27:40 AM »
The number of walls is impressive and they are of a very high quality. I hope to see some modern, sci fi, and super hero DC mods which use these wall sets. Well done!

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2017, 02:34:07 PM »
These are not the only walls I am doing for Hero Craft, just the low-hanging fruit. :D
I will be definitely be using some of the corrugated metal teters/walls to do some warehouse walls.

The rest that I release will be sets, which include overlays and doors and possibly backdrops

Online Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2017, 10:07:34 PM »
The rest that I release will be sets, which include overlays and doors and possibly backdrops

Yes, this please! I'd hate to take an awesome corrugated metal wall and put a "door_BrownWood" on top of it. Not that "door_BrownWood" isn't awesome (I use it all the time as my default door), it just doesn't match.

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 12:50:26 PM »

Yes, this please! I'd hate to take an awesome corrugated metal wall and put a "door_BrownWood" on top of it. Not that "door_BrownWood" isn't awesome (I use it all the time as my default door), it just doesn't match.

There will be warehouse doors for the warehouse walls - corrugated metal walls will have metal doors, both normal-sized doors and the big kind. :) There will be appropriate windows and at least one or two structural overlay for the corrugated metal, so you can have differentiated indoor and outdoor versions of the wall.

There will be a shop set. There will be an alley set. There will be a house set. There will be an office set. And, I am trying to make a shipping container set that actually looks like shipping containers, because who doesn't love a good fight down at the docks.... ;)