Author Topic: Mini Mods  (Read 188 times)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Mini Mods
« on: May 03, 2017, 02:38:10 AM »
I had thought about another Friedrich's Adventure (Friedrich's Fault), but Friedrich's Fastnacht will probably be the third and last. I don't want to overdo the virtual reality thing.
I have to correct that slightly. Today I had the idea to start a series called "MSG Mini Mods", inspired by the success of the one-week-challenge and by the fact that Paul and Manikus need mini mods to solve bug problems. My idea is to test things I need in bigger designs in small one level designs (changing walls, complex mini games, alternative battles, new races and classes). In case that bugs occur, I could just easily upload them for Paul and Manikus, and in case that they work as I want, they could be used as demo designs for others who want to do similar things...

To have a nice background story, all mini mods will be "presented" by Friedrich as virtual reality programs (just like Friedrich's Revenge, only that the designs will be much smaller).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 02:39:48 AM by Dinonykos »
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: Mini Mods
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 01:44:09 PM »
This sounds like a great idea. :) I have some quite fond memories of playing some FRUA designs that were created, if I recall correctly, as part of a contest for one level vanilla mods. Anyone else remember Paddi Whisperleaf? :D

I had actually thought about this a couple of times as I was putting together a Proof-of-Concept demo or tutorial. Alack and alas, I always have opted to go the easier route and do the minimum required to get my point across. ;)

I am totally imagining Friedrich getting his own television show or podcast where he presents videos. You could really have a lot of fun with this concept.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 05:57:22 AM »
I like the idea too :)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 11:53:44 AM »
I think I will firstly do a mini design in which walls and related things (changing walls, correct display, NPC walls) are tested/explained. :)
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 03:15:22 AM »
Great idea, thank You :). I was thinking about it and looked at walls in Case.dsn. I think I will be able to do it but also was thinking to do ordinary character walls first then try to update them to improved version. But of course it would help if there was a guide for how to do it :D.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:18:23 AM by Milos Gulan »

anything