Author Topic: PREVIEW: Neverwhere  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Jaesun

Re: PREVIEW: Neverwhere
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 02:19:31 PM »
Love the art and music! Fantastic. Playing with the Lev 3 party you provided. I assume, for a challenge, create your own Lev 1 party (and do the suggestions you provided)?

Very nice!

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 05:13:11 PM »
I playtested with a 1st level party.  I can promise you, you will be challenged if you start out that way!  But, some of us like it that way...and it is survivable if you're careful.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline DrkStarr

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 05:56:13 PM »
Yeah, the module was test with a level 1 party up until Beta.  But I know where everything is, and there's stuff to put that game in easy mode.  So if you find most the stuff you can get through with a level 1 party.  It also helps to know where to go.  A wrong turn can kill all of them.

Enjoy - D

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 06:46:30 PM »
Yeah, I lost track of the number of TPKs that befell the party.  Do the wrong thing or turn down the wrong hallway...and it's all over!

Not a critique.  As I said, some people like that kind of challenge, and I appreciate a module that makes me sweat and puts the tactical combat engine to work.

One question, though:  Was the issue with Turn Undead resolved?

Offline DrkStarr

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 08:41:24 PM »
One question, though:  Was the issue with Turn Undead resolved?

Yeah, most of the undead can be turned.  Especially with a level 3 party, a lot harder with a level 1.  A few fights I made impossible, but those are mainly the boss and mini-bosses.

Thanks for the input ProphetSword  ;D

- D

Online Milos Gulan

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 03:32:24 PM »
It is very good indeed, I just wish I could make this kind of simple yet interesting adventures :D. I am running it with provided 3rd lv party and I really like how icons look like. It seems now to be better to play this module during night instead of day :) so I will try finish and post review as soon as I do it. I might do it once again sometimes later with Lv 1 party.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:35:02 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Jaesun

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 08:20:08 PM »
There is a Girdle that you will find, but after you ID it, it doesn't seem to be working (as the item is supposed to)?

I placed it on a character with 15 STR and nothing happened when they equipped it.

Offline DrkStarr

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 08:59:27 PM »
There is a Girdle that you will find, but after you ID it, it doesn't seem to be working (as the item is supposed to)?

I placed it on a character with 15 STR and nothing happened when they equipped it.

This is a bug.  I tested it out against Vanilla.  Giants have changed because of the way undead are handled.  Sorry about that.  I'll have to replace it.  At least the other artifacts in game work.  Maybe you can sell it if you need some gold.

- D

Offline Jaesun

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 12:36:06 PM »
OK, no problem. Just wanted to report that.

Offline Jaesun

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 12:43:32 PM »
Also, just noting one typo. Should be Woman.

Online Milos Gulan

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 10:29:13 PM »
Fantastic game, much better when played by night. Things that I am missing is two handed sword and trouble is I can't get restoration because it costs 3000gps and my characters can carry a bit more then 1000gps. I hoped I would finish it this evening but it seems it is a bit longer yet very good, rarely I enjoyed adventure with so much undead :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:32:38 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline DrkStarr

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 08:33:26 AM »
Things that I am missing is two handed sword and trouble is I can't get restoration because it costs 3000gps and my characters can carry a bit more then 1000gps.

I hate to see that you died.  I know I've appraised stuff at the temple to raise the money they want.  I've raised 4500gps before when it was even higher.  But there is another way to get around healing if you want to. 

And a character death could be a perma-death in an undead module.  I don't know how you died, or how the game will treat it.  I've seen it do some nasty things to people that die.

I also think that there are 2 two-handed swords, you just might have to go a little deeper.

- Good luck :)

Online Milos Gulan

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 08:48:28 AM »
Thank You, my ranger and thief both lost levels, and I can't restore them to previous state because they can't carry each 3000 gps in the healing temple. I have been playing for some time but never ecountered such a thing :)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2016, 03:12:22 PM »
Have you tried using the "Pool" option to combine the party's money together?  If six people are carrying 1,000 gold each, that's 6,000 gold.

Online Milos Gulan

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 12:27:31 AM »
Yes I did but I can't pick up 3000 gps from the pooled funds because the character I need to restore can't carry that much, and temple price is 3000. I don't know how to restore those 2 character to previous level, it seems like a bug.

anything