Author Topic: What TTRPGs do you play?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Vix

• Mmmm ... Spider Slushies!
  • Administrator
What TTRPGs do you play?
« on: February 22, 2015, 03:31:10 PM »
I currently play:

D&D 5e -- DM full campaign, twice a month

Star Wars (Fantasy Flight) -- Edge of the empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny, play twice a month (GM occasionally)

Marvel Heroic Roleplaying -- Cortex system, both play and GM every couple of months

Fate System -- New to me, start game on Tuesday. We are doing low-powered superheroes (Mystery Men, Great Lakes Avengers).

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: What TTRPGs do you play?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
Good question...

Here's what we are playing:

D&D 5E - As mentioned in the other thread, been playing it since January 2014.  Before that, it was Pathfinder, which I didn't like nearly as much.  I'm the DM of the campaign, so I don't actually play this one.  We try to play this weekly.

Star Wars D6 - Every once in a while, we will pick up a game of the first Star Wars RPG by West End Games.  I'm the GM for this too, so not much playing going on here either.  We only do this to take the occasional break from D&D.

All Flesh Must Be Eaten - Zombie survival fun!  This is one I actually get to play.  We ran in a mini-campaign back in September.  It was great.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »
I mostly play 2e Ad&d. I am trying to play anything else that is good but didn't play a lot I guess.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 08:48:54 AM »

I'm still running my D&D campaign.  The rules combine elements of everything from BECMI to D&D 5e, now.  We just sort of grab what we like and add it to the pile.  It's the same core group I've been gaming with since about third grade (about 33 years ago...Good Lord), now expanded to include wives and husbands.  We're about to pick up with the prologue to our new campaign, which will star the children of the characters they've played for the last fifteen years. 

On the Friday night before our monthly D&D game, one of my friends is running a Fate Dresden Files game, which is totally cool. 

And when Dresden ends, another friend is talking about starting up a One Ring campaign, which has me a little weirded out.  I've never enjoyed playing in Krynn--it feels like a world that was designed to support a series of novels, and the world itself never came alive for me.  Playing in Middle Earth strikes me as that, only the nth-degree.  I'm sure he'll prove me wrong, though.  He totally sold me on Savage Worlds, and I went into that system kicking and screaming.  (No classes?  Heresy!  But, in hind sight, it rocked...)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »
I don't know...I ran quite a few campaigns in Krynn back in the day that were successful.  One of those campaigns was one that a famous a FRUA module I wrote is based upon (though I can't remember the name of that one at the moment). 

Offline fly_by_night66

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 05:21:33 AM »
Sadly none.  I don't know anyone in the area who games.

FBN66 - Jeff

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 06:44:43 AM »
In the age of the Internet, there are numerous ways to play online. I've considered running a game online myself.