Author Topic: Towers of Magic  (Read 18823 times)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: Towers of Magic
« Reply #330 on: September 28, 2017, 08:42:37 AM »
Dear Milos, I am impressed by your enthusiasm, and I am also impressed by your increasing skills concerning graphics. The "NPC walls" look really good!

At the same time, when looking at your map, I am again wondering if you are aiming at something too big. You mentioned this yourself. If I have seen correctly, your map is around 100x100=10,000 squares in size. If you do not make a lot of squares inaccessible, only this one level will have more accessible squares than all combined surface levels of Wizardry 7, which I played recently with the feeling that it was very big and complex.

Do you plan additional areas outside the city wall, or will the whole adventure take place within the city?
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #331 on: September 29, 2017, 02:55:57 AM »
Plus, I might add that DC is not really well-suited to areas this huge. Remember that the player cannot even see a wall that is more than three spaces ahead of them. I suspect that most of that level would appear empty most of the time.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2017, 03:09:17 AM »
Yes those might be problems I will have to face :) but as I started inexperienced now I see that most of FRUA designs start in smaller towns. But on paper it doesn't looked that big :) http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=2881.msg51307#msg51307

Yes I plan additional levels but some of the story should be in town (there should be underground and roof levels too (together with space for fliers). Now looking back I have seen that I have lots of pictures I could use for adventure ideas. Ok there is woods for now and underground orc lair... http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=2881.msg50911#msg50911

I think I should start with this http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=2881.msg51693#msg51693 and maybe this latest picture ...

But yes I intend to expand on this, I have map of few continents drawn and plan to adventure trough it. Will try to upload it soon :) But it seems I will try doing other Ad&d worlds and adventures too :) I might just start thinking how to start and might post some more about it soon.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:11:04 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2017, 05:04:18 AM »
Actualy I will not post the map of the world and will try to present it trough the game so players can reveal it part by part as I think it will be more interesting that way.

Now I will try look for good pictures that I made and can use and probably will try to add spirites of some animals like cat and dogs and definitely will try to add some horses and riders soon :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #334 on: October 01, 2017, 04:34:44 AM »
Ok, I have sorted my DS art pictures :) and I will try to make something to upload till next week.

Next I have updated DC to new version but I am not sure if I did everything right. Compass works and it looks like everything is good but I will have to ask few questions to clear my dilemmas on the appropriate threads.

And here is the new character how it looks like and what do I have for now on the map.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #335 on: October 08, 2017, 06:17:59 AM »
Seeing that DC engine is updated regularly it is very motivating especialy that option for exporting levels. I wish I could do good like Manikus and Paul, but I am trying and I think getting better. Been working with tutorials but not that much, will have to keep trying.

Main thing that I have been focused this week is what to do about the large town I am having and I think I have a solution. I will fill it with monsters and that will be adventure something like Phlan. Goal will be to libarate it and bring it to order and I hope I will work it out :). I have nothing for this sunday but I will try to make something for next one.

I will try to bring in dragons from small, medium to large ones into town. We will se how it will go. Here is two pictures what I have for now, this is smallest one :) and I plan to bring another a bit bigger for next week.

News is that I have got some nice things for DS and now I will be able to use all clothes from G3 figures (very old but still good like V3, M3 ect). I was working on that and finaly I am ready to go :). Another pic of knight armor for D3 that I finaly am able to use... it needs a bit of work though :)

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #336 on: October 09, 2017, 12:36:02 PM »
We have been able to export levelss for at least a decade. :D But, glad that you are going to be able to use it now.

Do you have the G3 shapes for Genesis? If you don't, you should get them - it will allow auto-fitting of all G3 items to Genesis. Then, if you want, you can save them out as Genesis items and that means you can use them easily on Genesis 2 & 3 figures.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #337 on: October 11, 2017, 06:31:17 AM »
Thanks for the tip, it means a lot :). I got this btw: Aftermath: Evade for Genesis 3 Female(s) and learned how to save Wearable preset which saves a lot of time after using it :D

I have just got old G3 shapes bundled and D3 so I have complete G3 shapes for G1 and can use them finaly. Also I have morph transfer for all version of DAZ characters but still don't know how to use them :) printed manual and read it a bit but haven't tried it yet but got everything installed... I also have clones for new G2 and G3 figures so I can use anything now morphs and clothes on G1 figures that I have completed and that is my plan to work with from now on and to eventualy get newer versions too with time. But now I will try to work and well justify my investments :) I really need to make something good as I am hoping to be able to work seriously and hoping to just improve.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #338 on: October 16, 2017, 01:54:41 PM »
It seems I will be a bit late with my work but now I need just to finish dragon sprites and walls :) also I have done some Bryce renders and I think I will do more and include them in the mod. Here is how it looks like though without postwork...

Offline Mechanaut

« Reply #339 on: October 16, 2017, 02:21:08 PM »
Not only does that look VERY nice, but for DC it looks something easy to animate; if it's a small-pic, and not a wall tile, that is.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #340 on: October 18, 2017, 01:43:34 AM »
Thank You  ;D I can make a lot of those I hope. And here is that smallest dragon I have made, finaly finished now to the next one that I call small one, hope to post it soon then I will do some adventuring and lets hope upload updated mod soon.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #341 on: October 18, 2017, 02:50:42 AM »
Here are 2 more, I hope I will make a pack soon with those :) I have 10 or so for now.

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #342 on: October 18, 2017, 12:42:36 PM »
These are some nice looking images, Milos. :D Keep up the good work.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #343 on: October 18, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »
Thank You :) I will try to do my best. Here is how small dragon looks like, but I will need a bit more to finish all sprites and walls.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #344 on: October 20, 2017, 11:48:44 AM »
I am almost finished with this dragon :) than I will try to make some adventures till the next sunday. Been working a lot and I need just a little more, but as I am tired I will try to play a bit of Civilization 3. Here are screenshots.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:51:20 AM by Milos Gulan »

anything