Author Topic: Towers of Magic  (Read 18777 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Towers of Magic
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 03:36:31 PM »
Ok i will try it tomorrow.

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 03:44:11 PM »
game crashes. I am not sure if it supposed to work like that

That has never been my goal.

It may come to pass that a particular problem cannot
be recreated in a 'mini'-mod.  I will accept large modules
with long play-times if you explain why it is necessary.

Some problems seem never to repeat themselves.  But by
following these rules, you will always be able to submit
a module that causes the problem reproducibly:

**Do your testing from a saved game, where reasonable.
And do not overwrite that save while playing.

**Do not overwrite any character during play.
It is best if you can play without creating any
new character....but certainly avoid overwriting
an existing character.

**Always do your testing with recording enabled...
this is the default currently.

**When a problem occurs, immediately copy your
entire design (to another folder, to a zip file, etc.)

**Rename the latest Record(nnn).log to "Playfile.log".

**Replay the testing session by starting the session
with Control-P (Playback) to see that the bug is repeatable.

**If you cannot playback the testing session then you
have done something wrong or you have found a very
serious, additional bug.

Now, having done all of this, you can attempt to reproduce
the problem in a mini-mod.  If it turns out to be impossible,
then your copy of the bugged design and testing session
can be used to reproduce the problem for the developers.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 12:14:31 AM »
Ok, then will try it today :) i hope i will be able to help.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 02:44:59 PM »
I have uploaded new version, some mistakes were corected and added, temple has new spells ect :) and i think this is final V1.2 but i need to finish fighting all the monsters trough the woods, which is not so easy with lots of bugs around :D. But it is also a lot of fun. I am planing to add one more level, and additional things perphaps, but that will be in V1.3 which i am planing to do as soon as i can.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:46:57 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 04:42:51 PM »
I am working on art now, i hope i will be able to continue to work on the story and finish the testing. Also i have made my first program in Visual Studio that writes hello world :) I hope i will continue my work on that too :D Here is picture that i hope will be included in new parts of this adventure.

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 09:20:29 PM »
i have made my first program in Visual Studio that writes hello world

My friend, that is a giant first step.  Congratulations.

If you are not familiar with C or C++ then I suggest that you
first pick a project that you can accomplish with a Console Application
that uses MFC.  Jumping right into a standard Windoze application
might be a bit overwhelming.  A little practice with CString, the
standard container classes, etc will be helpful.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 03:51:16 AM »
Thank you :D. It really was discovery for me and i have to say that i really was surprised with open possibilities. I am glad i have some more experienced friends around to ask for advice when i am not sure what to do, and i will need to go over those tutorials first to inform myself, and probably will have to work more on study of all those, but now i am intrigued and when i get into something i usualy can work on my improvement. I will have to go trough video tutorials then i will ask and will see how it goes, but i am hoping that i will be able to work and study with VS in the future and that is my wish.

For my module, i am doing art and preparing to do arial combat around towers, like in the woods but that should be air level above woods full of arial monsters. Now i have not played anything like that before but have idea and would like to make that expansion for this adventure and i guess that would be final change. Later i could just work on smaller things and corrections.

There is a picture i am currently working on, but i better get it finished before i post it :D. It is for some aerial encounter, i am not sure yet how to do it all, but have an idea and was thinking about gargoyles, evil elves or some kind of demons drawn to magical towers as enemies. We will see how it will go, i hope i will have fun as before. Btw i am serious about this art improvement too so i will work on both things because i need it both for DC and together i just think it will make my DC creations better. And i have to say thanks again to DC development team again for bringing good things to DC and making it better.

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 08:38:21 PM »
Also i have made my first program in Visual Studio that writes hello world :) I hope i will continue my work on that too

Have you written a program yet that prints out all the multiples of 3 up to 999?
Or a program that sings the song "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?
How about a program where the user plays the game "Rock Paper Scissors" vs. the computer?

Just some suggestions to think about...
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2015, 01:52:54 AM »
Ok about programming I haven't done much, except few first lessions. But for art I did a lot, relatively speaking and learned more then I expected so I want to thanks Manikus again for pointing me in that direction. I have been playing tabletop on roll20 and now will try to play less and work more with DC and start again my work on this mod. What I wish i could learn is to work at the same time with DC and other programs like art and VS in the same time. I will give it a try and see how it will go.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2015, 01:57:56 PM »
If you manage your time, you should be able to learn about a lot of things in a very short time.  It just requires dedication and an open mind.

When using Visual Studio, are you using Visual Basic or C#?
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2015, 02:56:55 PM »
If you manage your time, you should be able to learn about a lot of things in a very short time.  It just requires dedication and an open mind.

When using Visual Studio, are you using Visual Basic or C#?

Well, if he wants to work on this project, I hope he is practicing his C++. ;)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2015, 11:44:30 PM »
Good to know that :). To be honest I just watched first maybe 4 videos about Visual Studio Express, basic things really for start, but will try doing more as it seems I will need it. Atm I am rendering a wizard and it is taking 32 hours already and is at 57% it is not for this mod but it might be usable. What I am at it atm is 3d Art, so much that most of my time goes into it. I just have to figure how to practice it and programming at the same time and play with DC. That is all I need now :).

I am guessing that I will be able to produce good renders and maybe work on a post work a bit more, but it takes time to make good pictures. But as I said I still have my drawing tablet and just need to somehow get into making things :D It would be great if I wouldn't waste time on some not important things.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:46:26 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2015, 12:35:20 AM »
And it just failed, my computer restarted after turning the light on, I guess rendering more then 10 hours is not so good for me :)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2015, 12:46:16 PM »
OK I will try telling about my plans. I decided to work with DC as my primary RPG tool, for now I have created few half finished tries but my wish is to make at least one good and complete adventure.

What I want to do now is adventure:

1. Character development - My design should be for one character that could be joined with others developed NPCs (or PCs possibly at start or later) - that for now I think is possible with DC but i will have to work on that
2. Town development - I need to build more serious town possibly with town quarters. I can't say I am still very good at it and at making events but I need to try and learn. Good thing would be if I could have at least some preloaded modules with at least basic made shops and other things. I will have to work on that.
3. Adventure development - This is standard and though I am not still very good at it in DC it will be a challenge to do something good. For now I have done this adventure but probably will expand on it and add something more.
4. Items, monsters and spells devolpment - This should go with adventuring, it is needed to make them more interesting.
5. Story and journal development - This is also needed for good adventures.

To summ it up, I was thinking to add one more level to my adventure that would add sky level of the castle but now latest thing is that I also need to make a good town area for any more serious adventure. I have stop working actively on my adventure which is not a good thing but I am hoping to continue my work on it.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 02:52:21 PM »
I am continuing my work on this, I still don't know much about how to make a good adventure but will try and learn what I can do. For now I have toned down encounters a bit, hoping that I will add something new next.