Poll

How Likely Are You To Create or Play Modules With IceBlink Engine?

I am only interested in playing modules.
1 (11.1%)
I am mainly interested in creating modules.
0 (0%)
I am interested in both playing and creating.
6 (66.7%)
I am interested in neither.
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: September 29, 2013, 06:31:30 PM

Author Topic: How Likely Are You To Create or Play Modules With IceBlink Engine?  (Read 2755 times)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
How Likely Are You To Create or Play Modules With IceBlink Engine?
« on: September 15, 2013, 06:31:30 PM »
Pretty simple question really.  What is your interest with IceBlink Engine?
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline slowdive

Re: How Likely Are You To Create or Play Modules With IceBlink Engine?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »
I'll be playing a bunch, but I will also be working on my Lanterna module and maybe a Star Frontiers module or two.

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 11:07:23 PM »

I'm certainly intrigued by what's there right now, and with some free time coming early next year, I'd like to try my hand at designing something.  I'm not good at scripting, though, and the existing list of abilities and feats and spells narrows the scope of what's possible a fair amount.  I'm hopeful that, as I wait for the time to design something, some expansions will appear that make the prospect more appealing that it already is...

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 07:59:20 AM »
I'm certainly intrigued by what's there right now, and with some free time coming early next year, I'd like to try my hand at designing something.  I'm not good at scripting, though, and the existing list of abilities and feats and spells narrows the scope of what's possible a fair amount.  I'm hopeful that, as I wait for the time to design something, some expansions will appear that make the prospect more appealing that it already is...

I'm sure it won't take long for someone to fill in the blanks and share with the community.  You will probably get your wish.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
I hope i might use it sometimes in the future, as a player more likely but maybe also to design something good :)

Offline youngneil1

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 01:21:39 PM »
I look forward to playing the modules from the fine community and at the same time I am committed to quite intensive creation of my campaign. Not in the poll, but big part of the IB experience for me is also the interaction with all the people in the community, discussing existing modules, refining and evolving the engine and toolset, learning to script better in C#, and dreaming of all the great stuff at the horizon  :D.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 03:40:58 AM »
I'm interested in both playing and creating, but I can't say how likely I am to actually do it.  ;)

To tell the truth, I haven't had a good look at the editor yet, so I don't know how comfortable it is for beginners. And I'll probably be more motivated to design with it once the GUI is more to my liking. Apart from that, I've been wanting to create something for FRUA or DC for a long time, but I always get distracted with other things, so ... I guess creating something for IB would be just as likely.  :angel:

Offline hans

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 06:33:27 PM »
I voted not interested in either

Not to be a downer, and I hesitated to vote at all, but as the option was available, I figured the poll wanted to hear honestly from anybody on the forums.

I feel, and have felt, the same way about Dungeon Craft, too, but I was tempted enough to play Helmetlands: Cold Trail, as it sounded like a fun and unusual CRPG experience (which it was).  So, my reticence to play IceBlink is not set in stone, should an adventure someday strike my fancy hard enough.  ;)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »
I voted not interested in either

Not to be a downer, and I hesitated to vote at all, but as the option was available, I figured the poll wanted to hear honestly from anybody on the forums.

I feel, and have felt, the same way about Dungeon Craft, too, but I was tempted enough to play Helmetlands: Cold Trail, as it sounded like a fun and unusual CRPG experience (which it was).  So, my reticence to play IceBlink is not set in stone, should an adventure someday strike my fancy hard enough.  ;)

Nothing wrong with some honesty.  You should always feel you have the right to express your opinion on these forums.  Thanks for the feedback!

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 12:19:44 AM »
I am curious about it and i think it might be a very good engine to use, though i still haven't downloaded it and tried it as i am currently mostly interested in DC but I hope i will see more of it :)