Author Topic: SHUA: the price of bullets  (Read 827 times)

Offline hans

SHUA: the price of bullets
« on: August 13, 2013, 08:42:50 PM »
Regarding the SHUA Worldhack, I don't remember if this has been discussed before... 

While doing some pre-lim caculations for my upcoming SHUA mod, I noticed that, because of the way UA assigns costs, in a "Normal" Shop, the price of 24 bullets is 24 Power Points, the price of 24 arrows is also 24 Power Points, and the price of 24 Batarangs is 48 Power Points.  By comparison, the price of (E-ticket) Powered Assault Armor (-10 AC) is only 14 Power Points, a Mjolnir will only put you back 8 Power Points, and Power Cosmic (Meteor Blast) 9 Power Points, (which is probably better than a batmobile full of Batarangs). 

Thinking ahead, as I still am, to the possibility of Make-Your-Own-Super-PCs SHUA mods in the future, this obviously means that authors of such mods will want to find ways to provide ammo at much reduced cost for their players.   

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
Re: SHUA: the price of bullets
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »
In the SHUA demo mod, I have a separate vendor for arrows, bullets, and batarangs where all the prices are "free".
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 12:20:55 PM »
If you want the cost to be higher than free, use an ammo shop with prices divided by 20, 50, or 100.

Another option is to use a Question event chained to a Who Pays, chained to a Give Treasure.

Either will still cost 1, but you can get a lot for the 1.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline hans

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 02:37:23 PM »
In the SHUA demo mod, I have a separate vendor for arrows, bullets, and batarangs where all the prices are "free".

Arrows and bullets would be "worthless" to sell in "Normal"-price store, but batarangs would be worth a Power Point apiece.  So, to remove temptation from players, authors would want to provide bargain batarangs only after players are forever(?) finished shopping in "Normal" stores.

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »
Arrows and bullets would be "worthless" to sell in "Normal"-price store, but batarangs would be worth a Power Point apiece.  So, to remove temptation from players, authors would want to provide bargain batarangs only after players are forever(?) finished shopping in "Normal" stores.

I have verified what you said. In the SHUA demo mod, you can buy batarangs for free until they are in bundles of 255 and then sell them at a normal shop for unlimited power points!!!

I consider this an exploit of a bug in the system. If I could make batarangs "worthless", I would.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

anything