Author Topic: Deeds of a Demon (or is it Devil?)  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Sir Baskum

Deeds of a Demon (or is it Devil?)
« on: April 16, 2013, 03:12:42 PM »
Ok,

Who is the smart alec that uploaded this to the Mirror?  The games text is in German - Scheudenfraud! (is that how you spell it?)   I won't even try to play it as I won't understand a damn thing said in the narrative.  Anyone had any plans to do a translation and resubmittal?

Thanks

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: Deeds of a Demon (or is it Devil?)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »
I've played, and played at translating, part of it.  It's actually pretty good.  The translation would probably work better if done by someone who actually speaks German.

I don't see a problem with having some non-English games in the archive.  A separate folder might be a good idea, but it rarely takes me long to figure out if a game is in a language I can't read.  ;)

I'd like to see the "Top" FRUA games translated into at least a half dozen languages, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the guy to do it.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline Null Null

• Maker of excessively difficult vanilla mods
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:34:27 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vto_nCoab0s

Sometimes stuff gets lost in translation.

Offline hans

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »

Offline PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »
 :wav:

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 09:52:09 PM »

Beautiful!

When I saw another post on this thread, I was dreading what it might be...This is just AWESOME!

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 06:41:31 AM »
Oh lol nice video :) watched it many times before but this version is great :)

Offline DrDan

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 09:11:56 AM »
Sorry for being one year late with an answer (unfortunately im not really active in this forum): I designed the module. And even more sorry that i did write it in german and didnt find the time to do an english version. If someone has the time and energy to do an translation - youre welcome.
All the best from Berlin,
Daniel

Offline hans

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 09:47:54 AM »
No need to apologize, DrDan.  We love the fact that our community has been international.   :)

Offline DrDan

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 03:42:54 AM »
Thanks a lot Hans; if I do another Module some time (I have begun like 10 Designs in the last decade but just finished the two i uploaded) I will do it in English.
Is there actually a possibility to translate the language of a module without going through every event on every map?
Best!
Daniel

Offline hans

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 10:42:02 PM »
...Is there actually a possibility to translate the language of a module without going through every event on every map?

I don't know... Perhaps Merric's GeoText program would help...?   :-\

Offline DrDan

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 02:06:32 AM »
The last Design i did ("Ayderfalls Adventures") in english; i just uploaded it some days ago. So probably some more people can play it than the german Design.
Best,
Dan

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 03:12:25 AM »
Ben J has done the huge "The Sect" design in German first and than translated it to English as far as I know - I guess if anybody knows how to do it effectively, he does...
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline hans

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 10:47:01 AM »
The last Design i did ("Ayderfalls Adventures") in english; i just uploaded it some days ago. So probably some more people can play it than the german Design.
Best,
Dan

You should post a blurb about that mod in a new thread on the Module Design Previews board.    :)

I DLed it and plan to play, although it may take me a long time, --seeing as how most of my time is dedicated to work on my own entry in the Pre-Gen contest.  Looking at it, I see that there are a lot of Saved Games already.  I assume these were all ones you were using for your own playtesting.  Sometimes authors forget to clear these out before ULing new mods.  Not a big deal, but you might want to tell folks in your Preview announcement to ignore these and create their own Party.   ;)

Offline hans

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 11:31:29 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a good place for my following comments, or if I should've started a new thread on this board.  I'm unsure because I discovered a new mod over at the UA File Archive (http://frua.rosedragon.org/) named DAN FIN: Fate of the Dragons, but the enclosed text file refers to itself as "DAN FIN - DEEDS OF A DEMON."  So, I don't know if it's a new mod altogether, or an English language version of the mod this thread was dedicated to...   :icon_scratch: 

Anyways, I started playing it, and enjoying it (especially the cool new combat icons), but then I found out that training costs 500 platinum!  I played a bit further to see if there might be an alternate Training Hall available, or if the author, Dr.Dan, had balanced it according to some abundant treasure that I would soon find.  Unfortunately, neither appear to be true, so far, and now my PCs are wasting any further experience they're getting, since it will be cut down next time they train.   :sad1: 

So, I'm going to quit, for now, as I must consider those inflated costs a gamestopper.  Dr.Dan, I hope that you might correct this problem (the normal 200P rate would be workable, IMO) and UL such a fixed version.   

anything