Author Topic: art requests for Dinonykos  (Read 46341 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: art requests for Dinonykos
« Reply #495 on: September 26, 2017, 02:54:33 PM »
Thank you for sharing. :) I like these. When I get back around to working on the design wehre I am only suing artwork from you and Uatu, I am now going to have some really great options that were not available  when I started. :D You guys really make this whole Dungeon Craft thing look good.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #496 on: September 26, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »
I also like the walls you posted recently, and, only for example, those done by Jörg Weber. The reason I try to do walls in Uatu's style, however, is that I think with his style, we can get a consistent combination of all (walls, small pictures, combat sprites and screen layout).
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #497 on: September 26, 2017, 03:38:34 PM »
I agree. :) I don't want ot imply that there is no other good art, but that I think that much of the art the two of you do work very well together, in no small part to your efforts to make them work together.

I just want you to know that this is appreciated and I hope you keep doing it. :D

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #498 on: September 27, 2017, 01:18:59 AM »
I have a list of walls here which I think Uatu or I should work on sooner or later - for "standard fantasy/default Dungeon Craft", concerning Hero Craft, I think your walls are probably doing very well.

• bushes which can be used as blocks (those already done by Uatu are nice, but look like you can walk over them)
  • ladders and more stairs (I am working on those)
  • convincing caves and rocks (the cliff wall I did maybe a good first step)
  • more furniture (according to my philosophy that things which cannot be moved easily should be visible in the 3d view...)
  • cobblestone floor wall (I can probably convert mine)
  • more floor and ceiling walls based on the existing backgrounds
  • more NPC walls based on Uatu's portraits/sprites

I guess for the latter, I should ask Uatu sooner or later to add lower bodies to several of his portraits... :)
I think a particular challenge are big pics, but I think we can create those based on a combination of existing art without too much effort.

When I get back around to working on the design wehre I am only suing artwork from you and Uatu, I am now going to have some really great options that were not available  when I started.
My hope is that in the end you will not have to use my black-outlined walls.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:21:20 AM by Dinonykos »
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #499 on: September 27, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »
Great work again!  The heart of DC is definitely the engine (thank you Paul and Manikus!), but nice art does hopefully serve as a pretty face to attract users!

As for lower bodies for portraits... ulp!  (I do have a very few that have lower bodies, but usually I am too lazy to draw them!)
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://dhost.info/uatu

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #500 on: September 27, 2017, 11:57:22 AM »
Concerning lower bodies and NPC walls - what I thought about was heaving a few "archetypes", like a trader, a guard (which we already have), a teacher, a bard... They would not need to be as detailed as your other characters...

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #501 on: September 27, 2017, 01:01:08 PM »
I think that is a good list. I can't wait to see the fruits of it.

Dinonykos, do you need the lower bodies as guidelines or to actually use in the NPC wall? I would think that guidelines could be lower detailed and still serve the purpose, and even if you are going to directly use the art, well the vast majority of the portraits are too large to just be used as is anyway, so you will have reduce size to something comparable to the human/demi-human/humanoid sprites. Either way, it should not be near as much work, Uatu. ;)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #502 on: September 27, 2017, 01:54:22 PM »
Exactly. It would be like doing fitting sprites to the portraits, as you already did for a few characters, Uatu.