Author Topic: Icon requests for Uatu  (Read 47734 times)

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
Re: Icon requests for Uatu
« Reply #420 on: August 16, 2017, 07:56:18 AM »
I will put a stub for the bigpics soon then...

As for super hero designs - I would probably go with walls that look much like the ones I make anyway, but for modern settings.  Although a comic feel (with bold black lines and perhaps simple coloring or even just black and white) could also look cool and may be easier to create, I also just like having the compatibility.

But as you know, I have drawn a few heroes in pretty much the same style I use anyway...

I think that the "real" style works well for superhero comics, since they are sort of based on reality (in terms of visuals).  If we were doing an anime-based world, of course things would be different - although even in anime, background visuals tend to be realistic, although often more colorful and bright than one might expect in superhero comics...
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://dhost.info/uatu

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #421 on: August 16, 2017, 01:08:57 PM »
So, basically as much detail as the other art (smallpics, sprites, bigpics) and similar in approach to your other walls. :)

I think you guys have swayed me. For the Hero Craft project, I am working on detailed walls and backdrops. :)

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #422 on: September 05, 2017, 07:34:18 AM »
I've been drawing various things lately - but less icons and more other stuff.

Here is one of my favorite small pics that I did lately.  (Probably I like it so much because of the inherent beauty of the subject matter, to be honest!)

(I started drawing it about 9 months ago, but did not finish it until last week - I guess I have a bad habit of leaving various pictures unfinished...)

Offline Mechanaut

« Reply #423 on: September 05, 2017, 11:35:07 AM »
It's nicely done; great work.  It's more of a non-hostile NPC image... Like Dragonbait, perhaps. 

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #424 on: September 05, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »
Nice kitty-cat. ;) I really like your big cat icons, so nice to see a smallpic, too. Good work.

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #425 on: September 06, 2017, 02:33:07 AM »
Thanks!  All of my small pics for the most part are neutral - i.e. the encounter can be benign, or be violent, depending on the designer (and the PCs' actions!).

anything