Author Topic: New Artpacks by GoldBoxFan  (Read 2540 times)

Offline hans

Re: New Artpacks by GoldBoxFan
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 10:24:45 PM »
James Rand did a Dark Sun hackset a number of years ago.  I don't recall ever checking it out, nor if there was ever a DSUA mod.  I enjoyed both of SSI's DS games, tho, the look of the first one more than the second I think.  I hope this Dark Sun art sees lots of use.   :)

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 10:59:22 PM »
Yeah I looked, at least 10 portraits and 2 bigpics are similar or the same. The bigpics look like they were extended to fit the size of the picture, making them distorted. But he got the original art of the guy riding the dinosaur with something  to the east I never saw. And a lot of images from the two games I think. I decided that in these cases, since I had hundreds of pieces of art, I shouldn't not make similar art to others. If my art pack was small, or his bigger, I would have paid more attention. That's why I'm not converting any Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms Art; most of it is probably already converted. Some Spelljammer were similar or the same also. I did check to make sure my Oriental Art wasn't used before. Surprising that.

Strangely enough, I didn't notice the Dark Sun hack. I have both computer games, the boxed set and DSM1 Black Flames. Maybe I'll try to convert it some day.

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 06:13:03 AM »
Oh, I just found something that had black on it, made it fill a screen, resized it to a size I wanted, opened up the pcx files using my scanner program, and copied the contents onto the screen one by one. Took all day actually. Come to think of it, I used the black from a 88 x 88 image that was put through ua256.exe. I copied the image onto itself and moved it so only the black appeared. Then made a PNG and JPEG at 85%.

Oh, and I thought you used a program that did this for you.

I found an option in my Picture Publisher program to create preview sheets. They look a little less impressive than yours, but on the other hand they're much less work. ;)

Check out mine in the "Gnoll Call" thread.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 03:49:28 PM »
I uploaded my Gallery Sheets yesterday if anyone wants to use them. I know they are easy to make on your own, but they came in at 2 kb.