Author Topic: Saddle Up  (Read 1680 times)

Offline hans

Saddle Up
« on: December 16, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »
Here's what will likely be my basic model for all cowboys & indians on horseback combat icons in the future. 

I took my Asian Hun-on-horseback icon and pasted the cowboy from my hanswest cbody over him.  Then I reworked the horse to give it more realistic proportions. 

I gave it a very basic saddle.  Bedroll, saddlebags, or a more elaborate rig could be added fairly easily. 

Before I UL a version of this, I'll switch hats with some other cowboy, so that it won't look like a PC's twin brother. 

I want to get back to work on Rocco Taku's SHUA project, but I may do some versions of this icon with different colored horses, first... 

(click to enlarge) 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:57:08 PM by hans »

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
Re: Saddle Up
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »
Wow! Looks great!

Offline Vix

• Mmmm ... Spider Slushies!
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 11:57:49 AM »
Yeehaw!

Looks great!

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 05:22:29 PM »
Yee-haw! ;) Nice work, pilgrim.

Offline hans

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 09:56:55 PM »
I'll add an (Sioux) Indian with lance & shield into the collection.

(click to enlarge)

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 09:20:40 PM »
Beautiful. YOu make great icons.  8)

Offline hans

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
I've ULed my latest WWUA icons to the UA File Archive as Hansww4.zip, so it should be available before too long.   :)

I am now going to restrict myself for awhile exclusively to Rocco Taku's SHUA project.  I could get too easily distracted, and let too much time slip thru my fingers, here in the old west.  I could see myself working on Wild West icons, wallsets, combat dungeons & wildernesseseses for months, if I don't exercise some self-control.  There's plenty I'd like to do, too.  If I were going thataway, I'd be starting with deserts that had cacti and tumbleweeds, maybe a saloon wallset with swingin' doors, bottles, and kerosene lamps, and then on to more peculiar stuff, like wigwams, a hangin' tree with noose, well with a bucket, maybe a locomotive wallset with additional sets for individual car types, another wallset to simulate a covered wagon etc., etc.  I can see plenty of art needs in WWUA, but I'll have to leave that to other folks, for now. 

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 01:34:22 PM »
Great icons, hans!  :icon_thumleft:

My favorites are the CanCan dancers... I don't know why the party would fight them, though. Maybe after a night of heavy drinking, when the party members didn't know how to behave...
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline GoldBoxFan

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 10:10:13 PM »
I like the lancer. Mistook him for a French cavalryman until I looked.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 08:38:43 AM »
I am now going to restrict myself for awhile exclusively to Rocco Taku's SHUA project.  I could get too easily distracted, and let too much time slip thru my fingers, here in the old west.  I could see myself working on Wild West icons, wallsets, combat dungeons & wildernesseseses for months, if I don't exercise some self-control.  There's plenty I'd like to do, too.  If I were going thataway, I'd be starting with deserts that had cacti and tumbleweeds, maybe a saloon wallset with swingin' doors, bottles, and kerosene lamps, and then on to more peculiar stuff, like wigwams, a hangin' tree with noose, well with a bucket, maybe a locomotive wallset with additional sets for individual car types, another wallset to simulate a covered wagon etc., etc.  I can see plenty of art needs in WWUA, but I'll have to leave that to other folks, for now.

You shouldn't tease and tempt us in this way. Reading about all the wonderful WWUA prospects by hans that won't be realized just because of this Rocco Taku's obsession with SHUA, I'm not sure right now whether to encourage or curse him.   >:(  ;)

Offline hans

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »
You shouldn't tease and tempt us in this way. Reading about all the wonderful WWUA prospects by hans that won't be realized just because of this Rocco Taku's obsession with SHUA, I'm not sure right now whether to encourage or curse him.   >:(  ;)

It's okay to hate Rocco.  This SHUA project has ballooned so outrageously, and is eating up so much of my time, I'm not sure if I'll ever forgive him, myself. 
 :violent5: