Author Topic: Walls from various GoldBox games  (Read 1546 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Walls from various GoldBox games
« on: August 25, 2010, 04:02:14 PM »
In a thread in the Hacking subforum, I mentioned to Ben J. that I would upload the walls from the various GoldBox games that I had not converted to FRUA format, but that are almost there. What do I mean? The art is on the right template, but I never lowered the color count and thus never worked out correct palettes to use in FRUA.

I think some or all of theses walls could be converted without a bit of time devoted to the cause; so here they are for anyone that is interested.

In the archive, there is a readme with a brief explanation about changing to FRUA format, and also there are subfolders for each different game the walls come from.

There are not all the walls from the GoldBox games, just the ones I've screencapped and put into the template. Oh, and haven't already converted (I've only done that for the Treasures of the Savage Frontiers games.)

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Re: Walls from various GoldBox games
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 03:51:25 AM »
Thanks for these.

I'll see if I can get some of them converted for FRUA.

Released designs:

The Sect

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »
Thanks for these.

I'll see if I can get some of them converted for FRUA.

You're welcome. :D Do you want me to keep putting up Buck Rogers walls? I will definitely stick up more PoD walls when I get back to doing them.

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 03:03:36 AM »
:D Do you want me to keep putting up Buck Rogers walls? I will definitely stick up more PoD walls when I get back to doing them.

Yup, I think there are still some PoD walls missing.

Someone posted an overview of the walls here (can't find the thread right now), and astonishingly, the whole game gets by with only five wall sets.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Ben J

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 03:10:50 AM »
Okay, found the overview. Ishad Nha posted it.

There are six general wall styles, but to get all these views into FRUA, you'd need more than six wall sets.

What's strange: Look how much better the cave walls looked in DQK than in PoD. Both games were relased just one year apart.

Released designs:

The Sect

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 03:06:39 PM »
I'll do the grey walls and the walls with webs, but the rest are either done or in another game. PoD uses the same cave walls as Treasures of the Savage Frontiers, where they are "mine" walls and "underground ruins" walls which I think is far mroe believable. :)

anything