Author Topic: Any way to change the number of Armor/Weapon/Items in each item group?  (Read 1444 times)

blacklotus

Is there any way for me to change the number of Armor/Weapon/Items in each group?

e.g. The default FRUA scrolls group has only 6 scrolls. If I transmute some useless items (like the normal robe) into a scroll, how can I include the new scroll into the scroll group from the +0 armor group? Or will it be automatically be transferred to the scroll group once the robe becomes a scroll?

I also like to group all the range weapons, the sharp melee weapons, and the blunt melee weapons separately. I wonder if I can change any item code to do so? Or must I re-arrange/re-code all the items according the the item.dat number?

Thanks for any info provided.  :)

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Or must I re-arrange/re-code all the items according the the item.dat number?

In short, yes.

In FRUA98, each group of items has an item class number at the top. The settings in the  upper half of the menus (item class, attack range, missile etc.) are the same for every item in a class. When you make changes there, it will affect all items in that class, so be careful.

In the bottom half, under "Item Class, Magic Bonuses", there is a box labelled "Item Class". Enter the target item class number there, the item will then be transferred to the target class and take on the basic properties of that class.

There are plenty of unused item.dat numbers for you to create new item classes.

But pay attention: Some of the item classes have inherent properties that can't be changed. Classes 61-63 are the Drow weapons, for example. These items will always vanish when the "destroy drow items"-option in a transfer module event is checked. Likewise, class 74 always has the blessed bolt specAb.

We discussed a lot of the specifics in this thread and this thread.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:34:52 PM by Ben J »
Released designs:

The Sect

blacklotus

Thanks Ben J.

I read some of the old UANLs, and from what I can gather, these items should not be transmuted:
1) default arrows
2) default bolts/blessed bolts

Making new arrows or bolts will result in improper functioning of FRUA. As will changing the default arrows and bolts to something else.

So the Drow spec items are 61 to 63. That's 3 classes right? The default's only 2 (armor and melee weapon). So, does that mean I can make an additional class of Drow item? That's be good. (armor, melee and range weapons)

Guess I have to sit down and really work out the complete item list before changing anything now. I want to separate the items according to function (armor, range, melee), followed by magical pluses. And keep the 2 special classes for legendary weapons and armor.  :)

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
I must correct myself: Only classes 62 and 63 are Drow weapons. Class 61 is the elfin chain, which is not affected by "destroy Drow items".
Released designs:

The Sect

blacklotus

I must correct myself: Only classes 62 and 63 are Drow weapons. Class 61 is the elfin chain, which is not affected by "destroy Drow items".

Thanks.  :'( I guess my Drows have to go around naked then... ;D

Just asking for an opinion, since I don't have the 2E books, do Drows ever use standard Elfin items, or do they hate them (the elves) so much that Drows will rather die first than touch Elven stuff?

p.s. I guess I get work around the limit by making my Drow weapon both melee and range. But it's gonna be one strange looking bow...a Drizzt munchkin special?  :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:52:38 PM by blacklotus »

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
There may be a way to edit more Drow items in.

Quote from: CKITForm.txt
Drow Items:
-----------
  The following fields control the items that are destroyed as "Drow" items.

Drow Item #1      195119 (0x2fa2f)   1 byte      0 thru 255
Drow Item Relation   195120 (0x2fa30)   1 byte      0 thru 255
Drow Item #2      195126 (0x2fa36)   1 byte      0 thru 255
Drow Item Relation   195127 (0x2fa37)   1 byte      0 thru 255

Nol Drek once changed the Item Relation bytes from = to > and < in order to destroy all a party's items. It might be possible to assign one to a higher item class (above the Vorpal), and use the > relation. I've never played with it though, and I'm not sure the Drow slots can actually be changed without editing the global strings as well as CKIT.

Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

blacklotus

There may be a way to edit more Drow items in.

Quote from: CKITForm.txt
Drow Items:
-----------
  The following fields control the items that are destroyed as "Drow" items.

Drow Item #1      195119 (0x2fa2f)   1 byte      0 thru 255
Drow Item Relation   195120 (0x2fa30)   1 byte      0 thru 255
Drow Item #2      195126 (0x2fa36)   1 byte      0 thru 255
Drow Item Relation   195127 (0x2fa37)   1 byte      0 thru 255

Nol Drek once changed the Item Relation bytes from = to > and < in order to destroy all a party's items. It might be possible to assign one to a higher item class (above the Vorpal), and use the > relation. I've never played with it though, and I'm not sure the Drow slots can actually be changed without editing the global strings as well as CKIT.

Thanks. I guess I should have read those docs that come with the UAshell first.  :)

anything