Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Merle

Some questions
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:02:32 AM »
I downloaded the worldhak last night, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.  I looked through the documentation, and there are two questions I have.

First, is the "towel dispute" hack part of OAUA?

And second, with the new color-cycling, what's the palette for the combat icons?

Offline hans

Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:36:32 AM »
I'm not an expert on the "towel dispute" subject.

But, regarding the palette question:  The OA palette removed the duplicate colors in UA's palette, and then rearranged the others to make room for the color-cycling ranges.  Of course, this means that if you just import a normal UA icon into OA the colors will get messed up.  So, it's necessary to load an OA palette before importing. 

In my artpack "hans-oa.zip" there are two versions of each combat icon in the set, one with a normal UA palette, and one with an OA palette.

In the OA palette, colors 229-254 are used for the color-cycling.  When importing a new combat dungeon or wilderness, it's necessary to set these ranges color-cycling.  (I'd have to look up exactly what those ranges are agian, tho.)   

Offline Merle

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:20:25 AM »
Excellent! Thanks, Hans! 

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »
I think the "towel disputes" hack will be part of OAUA 1.3 (so not yet but soon).  :)

Offline hans

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 04:07:57 PM »
I think the "towel disputes" hack will be part of OAUA 1.3 (so not yet but soon).  :)

Sounds like using wet towels in the locker room to smack each other in the buns.  I'm getting some horrible high school flashbacks.   :o

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 04:20:27 PM »
That's exactly what this hack does. It will be fun to let samurais engage in wet towel combat and smack those onis in the buns, don't you think?  :P

Offline Merle

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
That's exactly what this hack does. It will be fun to let samurais engage in wet towel combat and smack those onis in the buns, don't you think?  :P

"My honor must be avenged!" *ker-snap*

It has the great qualities of a Kurosawa epic!  ;D

Offline Darius

• Darius' Unlimited Adventures Domain
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 07:11:39 AM »

Yep, you're right Olivier.  It will be part of OAUA 1.3, and will be utilized in the (slightly) redone version of The Tale of Twin Dragons: Part I, and will be featured in TTD: Part II. 

anything