Author Topic: NPC with club guards only  (Read 399 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

NPC with club guards only
« on: April 09, 2017, 12:31:39 AM »
It seems there is a bug with a club as it seems there is a problem with attacking with it so NPCs just guard instead. In editor in Weapon type it stands hand held, thrown and that is probably a mistake. I tried to use it with thief, he attacks with sling but gurads with club, same happen for NPC orc for club.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: NPC with club guards only
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 03:14:48 AM »
Maybe it would be wise to add a mini-mod with that combat? :)
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 11:30:36 AM »
I will do it if it is needed :)

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 01:07:12 PM »
I will do it if it is needed :)

It is only needed if you want us to correct the issue.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 01:33:30 AM »
Sure, I will do it. I was thinking that maybe there was a typo of some kind in databases.

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 11:47:12 AM »
Quote from: Milos Gulan
I was thinking that maybe there was a typo of some kind in databases

That is a definite possibility.  If you were to point it out,
we could easily fix it.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 02:09:29 PM »
I am not sure, but this seems like a misunderstanding to me. Maybe Milos meant that the "hand held" + "thrown" combination of the club is the problem. Is the club meant to be a weapon for both throwing and hand-to-hand combat?

(Considering that there were other bugs related to guarding in combat, I am sure that the problem is something different.)
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 02:24:44 PM »
I am not sure, but this seems like a misunderstanding to me. Maybe Milos meant that the "hand held" + "thrown" combination of the club is the problem. Is the club meant to be a weapon for both throwing and hand-to-hand combat?

(Considering that there were other bugs related to guarding in combat, I am sure that the problem is something different.)

You may be right that he thinks that is an error, but I believe he is saying that the bug is that anyone using the club will only guard and not attack, though I am not sure what he means since he seemed to imply that he gave it to a thief and tried it...perhaps he will do a mini-mod at some point.

Incidentally, hand held and thrown is not an error.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 01:26:45 AM »
Yes, bug is that opponents with club only guard and not attack. I tested it with 2 monster NPCs.

My thoughts were that typo was in Wpn type box, where it says Hand held, thrown but if Manikus says it is no typo then I better do a mini mod.

I will try doing it this weekend, though I have planned to play DC mod Stolen Masterpiece. I have recently downloaded and sorted reworks of guard portrait and icons done by Manikus and was inspired to play that mod. I still need to sort underwater icons and others...

I will do mini mod as soon as I can.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 04:46:41 AM »
Ok, I did it faster then I thought, now will try to do mini mod :) http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3532.msg50555#msg50555

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 01:04:56 PM »
Do you think that the typo is that the club is both hand held and thrown? Or that there is a comma in there?
I assure that both are correct. ;)
The club can be used as a hand hel weapon or it can be thrown. And as far as the comma, "hand held, thrown" comes from a drop-down list, it was not typed in.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 04:05:31 AM »
Yes, I never though about using club as thrown weapon. I thought that was a typo.

Offline Darcnyss

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 02:43:40 PM »
Like in the original FRUA, clubs, like hammers, can be handheld or thrown weapons. However, I have also seen this behaviour in a test run of my game. The monster equipped with the club just guards, even when right next to a viable target.

Online manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 03:00:11 PM »
I will be happy to take a look at any mini-mod made showing this bug. :)

Offline Darcnyss

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 03:17:19 PM »
I'd be happy to, if I currently had power lol.
Our entire block's been without electricity for the last 5 hours or so. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, so I can throw together a quick mini mod demonstration.

Edit:
Hmmm. Well, call me a purple hippo. I can't seem to replicate the problem now. I armed 4 goblins with clubs, and they attack just fine, some throwing their clubs when within range, others attacking at close range. Well, I'm baffled lol
It could be that I broke something on my side with my weapon edits that just happened to replicate Milos' problem. Sorry folks!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:43:44 PM by Darcnyss »

anything