Author Topic: RELEASED: Man-Storm  (Read 378 times)

Offline hans

RELEASED: Man-Storm
« on: January 06, 2017, 09:00:30 PM »
My unforgivably late entry into the UANL's Pre-Gen contest is finally available: 

http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/modules/m/manstorm.zip 
http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/modules/m/manstorm.txt

Thanks, Donnie!   :notworthy:

It stars a new superhero, the mighty Man-Storm, and his sidekick (NPC) Tempesteena. 

It is self-rated "M" for Mature, due to nudity.  Nudity became important thematically, as symbolism, as I developed my story, and so I came to feel that some amount was warranted and necessary.   :-[  (Do note that none of the Pics are conversions of nude photographs, rather they are computer-generated, or conversions of paintings or statuary.)  I hope they will not offend, but you have been warned.   :nono:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:04:22 PM by hans »

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: RELEASED: Man-Storm
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 05:16:45 AM »
Well done, hans. I look forward to taking a look!

(And thanks for the font credit!)

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 05:34:42 AM »
I have only just started, but I have to say, I am finding this really enjoyable. It is really excellent. Very funny, and I love the art, especially the map. Great work, hans!

Offline hans

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 03:40:54 PM »
Thanks, Steve!  I hope it holds up   ;)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 02:00:09 AM »
I have not used UAShell for quite a while - the last design I played using it was Haptooth Tower. My problem is that when I start the uashell.bat file, Haptooth Tower starts automatically - I have forgotten how I can select another design in UAShell. I already read the introduction and several of the hints to UASHell here in the forum, but still do not know how to do it. Can you help me?
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline hans

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 10:18:33 AM »
When you start UAShell, it will re-apply the design you had selected last.  To change to a new design, in the UAShell screen, Press F5 Apply Hacks then Open Man-Storm.dsn.   :)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 12:32:36 PM »
I was aware of that... :)
UAshell, however, did not really open, it started the last design directly without giving me a chance to load a different design. I guess now that some of the needed files were writing-protected, e.g. the ckit.exe file, probably because I copy-pasted them from another system (maybe even from CD) some time ago.

Anyway, I started UAShell on my old computer and it worked as it should, so that I could have a first look at your new design. Looks very promising! 
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline Donnie Ewald

• Administrator
    • Ego's Abode
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »
I played through Man-Storm and loved it. I'll admit that it's been a long time since I've played through a FRUA module and the little things were wonderful. Liked the "overland" map, the color-cycling goolem,and the mature art.  ;D Well done all around!

Offline hans

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 03:18:39 PM »
Thanks, Donnie!   ;D

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 12:04:42 AM »
A played through the design last evening and had a very entertaining time - just the right module to play through to relax after a day of work! Bravo!  :hello2: I enjoyed the second "chapter" in particular.

Offline hans

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 12:33:53 PM »
Thanks, Dinonykos!   :)

anything