Author Topic: DC Crashes while saving after changing of pictures  (Read 303 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

DC Crashes while saving after changing of pictures
« on: December 21, 2015, 12:17:49 PM »
This happened before to me but I didn't wanted to report it hoping it might not be serious. But now it is starting to be a problem for me, because I can't save my work.

What happened: I changed my title screen and saved, it worked and then I tried changing 2 small pictures and save and it crashed I got message on the picture. I needed to reload backup files because it reports missing game.dat files and loaded levels are empty.

Now when I try saving after change of title screen or small picture it does it every time, crashes and reports that error missing game.dat file (without that other line now). After some time have got it to save game after title screen change but then later after small pictures change it continued to crash so I decided to report it, because I need to copy paste my backup version to make it work again.

Now I can upload to my site backuped version of my mod, that if small picture is changed and then design saved DC crashes. I don't know why it is happening probably there is something that activated this.

Editor file UafErr_Edit.txt just says that it is missing config.txt but it maybe happened before this crash event. Anyway I will upload my design with instructions what I tried that is causing this crash just to switch from my latptop to desktop. For now here is picture and UafErr_Edit.txt
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:20:02 PM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: DC Crashes while saving after changing of pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 01:07:09 PM »
Ok here it goes 30mb my latest mod I am having problem with http://www.reonis.com/gulan/TOM/DC_ToM_r1024c.rar

It happened when I tried to switch title screen from Title TOM.jpg to ~pf Title TOM.png Eventualy I saved it but I can't make it to save after change at 2,47 into small pic ~p Castle Liroel and at 28,48 to small pic ~p Castle Guard as DC keeps on crashing.

I had jpg pictures but converted them to pngs. Is it ok to use jpgs as they are smaller in size?

Anyway this is was real trouble for me as I didn't had fresh backup. But I probably didn't loose much. But I wouldn't like it to happen in the future. Can it be fixed please. Just try switching those pictures and save I think it should happen as it happens to me. If it is needed I can make additional screenshots to show how it looks like.