Author Topic: Overland facing direction  (Read 427 times)

Offline Adam

Overland facing direction
« on: November 14, 2015, 06:07:05 PM »
So I'm starting to place the first events on my new module and already get stuck.

I'm having a village in a cell of the overland map. I set up four different entry point for the part to enter it depending on the direction they come from. On the overland map I created the four events with "facing correct direction" but the first one always triggers no matter from which direction the party is coming from. I thought there is a facing direction on the overland too - during camping the last movement direction is shown on the compass. Or perhaps not, there are eight directions out there, where in dungeouns only four.

Should the facing direction condition work on the overland, or should I look for a workaround?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:12:20 PM by Adam »

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
Re: Overland facing direction
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 07:40:59 PM »
Should the facing direction condition work on the overland, or should I look for a workaround?

Facing direction doesn't work on overland maps. The event triggers regardless. The party is represented by a circle on the overland map, not an arrow, reminding me that the party isn't facing any particular direction at all.

"Execute event at destination" also doesn't work on overland maps, at least not in the way I'd expect it to. If I use a stairs event or a transfer module event on an overland map, it will only work if I have the destination event set up as a zone event and the party has switched zones during the transfer.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Adam

Re: Overland facing direction
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »
It is done now. I wasted a quest slot and some quest stage events on the overland to do it, and I'm not so sure it was worth it...

anything