Author Topic: Pool of Radiance Frame?  (Read 494 times)

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
Pool of Radiance Frame?
« on: August 24, 2015, 03:47:45 AM »
A user on the GOG forums tried the Pool of Radiance remake but didn't find the look satisfying compared to the original. I haven't quite found out what kind of issues this particular user has with the remake, but when I installed it myself, I noticed the frame that Ray used for it is rather ugly (see attached screenshot). Do we have something more suitable and classy in our collection that could be dropped into the design's folder? The best I could find so far is the frame from hans' Kill The Heroes of Phlan, I think it's a recolored version of the official Pool of Radiance frame? Do we also have the red original somewhere?

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: Pool of Radiance Frame?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 07:20:37 AM »
Like this one?  It's not the original red (it's blue, obviously), but it's pretty close.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
Re: Pool of Radiance Frame?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 07:41:29 AM »
Like this one?  It's not the original red (it's blue, obviously), but it's pretty close.

Yes, that's the one from hans' design that I found. I was wondering whether we also have the red original frame that it was based on; if not, I guess it's close enough. I also found Ben J's Pool of Radiance font to go with it.