Author Topic: IceBlink RPG (Android) Toolset and Engine  (Read 2229 times)

Offline slowdive

IceBlink RPG (Android) Toolset and Engine
« on: September 02, 2014, 10:06:23 PM »
Here are two quick W.I.P. screenshots of the IceBlink Android Toolset that I am putting together for others to use and for myself as well. Using this toolset, you will be able to create IB Android adventure modules with easy. Once you are finished with your module, just copy the files into the appropriate folder on your Android device and launch the IceBlink RPG app (in the works). Also, you can share your modules with anyone or work with me to release it as a stand alone app if you prefer. Thoughts, suggestions?

Online ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: IceBlink RPG (Android) Toolset and Engine
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 07:08:40 AM »
So the Android toolset is different than the one you use for Windows?  How do they differ?  Can you import adventures from one toolset to the other or would you need to rebuild your adventure from one to the other?  And does it create what a designer would need to have the finalized Android design, or is something else involved?
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline slowdive

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:33:08 PM »
So the Android toolset is different than the one you use for Windows?  How do they differ?  Can you import adventures from one toolset to the other or would you need to rebuild your adventure from one to the other?  And does it create what a designer would need to have the finalized Android design, or is something else involved?
-The two toolsets are different because some of the data objects and systems are different between the Android and PC versions. The Android version is a simpler version.
-Importing adventures from the PC version is somewhat automated except for the systems that are different (combat maps, etc.)
-The android toolset creates everything needed to have a complete module for Android. The toolset will create a folder on your PC computer that contains all the data and graphics for your module. What you will do is take that folder of data and graphics and copy it to the "IceBlinkRPG" folder on your android device. Then launch the IceBlinkRPG app (not released yet, w.i.p.) on your Android device and choose your module from the launch screen. That's it.

I will be looking for a few people to help with beta testing so if anyone here would like to help, let me know and I'll send you a dropbox link to the IB Android toolset and IB Android engine apk.

Offline bravedogbfg

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 09:21:08 PM »
I think it looks great and would love to try it out!

Offline slowdive

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:01:30 PM »
I think it looks great and would love to try it out!

Thanks bravedogbfg, sent you a PM with dropbox link.

Offline bravedogbfg

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 08:10:48 PM »
I sent you a message, the dropbox link wasn't working for me. 

Offline slowdive

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 12:26:01 AM »
I have made some updates...sent you the new link in PM. I have another version coming out in another day or two with more features and bug fixes.

Offline slowdive

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 08:06:03 AM »
The Android IceBlink RPG Engine and Toolset are now available!  ;D

Android IceBlink RPG app (comes with Lanterna 2 - chapter 1):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iceblinkengine.ibb.iceblinkrpg

Toolset:
http://neverwintervault.org/project/iceblink/other/tool/iceblink-rpg-toolset-android

Hearkenwold for Android is also up:
http://neverwintervault.org/project/iceblink/module/hearkenwold-android