Author Topic: PLANNED DESIGN: Friedrich's Fault  (Read 7033 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: PLANNED DESIGN: Friedrich's Fault
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 04:38:07 AM »
Great :) i guess i still have lots to learn. For seasons i was thinking about that though not seriously, hm and i was thinking about changing textures of walls for example for trees to turn to yellow and to leaves fall off. Hm i am not sure if that is possible but thanks for the tip about moon changing tutorial i will try it probably some time in the future and for everything else that might improve my knowledge about DC/FRUA :).

That picture btw looks good and I am waiting for design to play, and maybe learn something from it :D as i yet can't do much more then basic things unfortunately.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 08:12:31 AM »
There are relatively simple ways to change walls in game (there are also tutorials for that), so changing seasons are doable (even relatively easy, if you combine two of Manikus' tutorials...).

Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 09:51:36 AM »
Thanks for leting me know that, hm i might start working on it. Can you please link me to those tutorials if it is not to much to ask?

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 01:28:56 PM »
I just found that re-setting the time to day one, 0:00 does not result in a game crash or something... that's nice! For some reason, I thought it might cause problems.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 01:53:35 PM »
I just found that re-setting the time to day one, 0:00 does not result in a game crash or something... that's nice! For some reason, I thought it might cause problems.

This was something that Paul planned for. :D

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 01:54:09 PM »

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »

Impressive!
This allows me to do something very cool (at least I think it is  8) ) in Friedrich's Fault. And I do not mean time travel, hahaha!
:evil6: Hahaha haha... ha!

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 02:18:49 PM »

Impressive!
This allows me to do something very cool (at least I think it is  8) ) in Friedrich's Fault. And I do not mean time travel, hahaha!
:evil6: Hahaha haha... ha!

When we were working on this, i briefly thought about trying to make a Joyceian design, but I have a hard enough time figuring out regular designs... :D
(I mean int he style of James Joyce, where you would play the design for a certain length of time as one character, and then go back to the starting time and play as a second cahracter, etc.)
Now, I plan to use this to leap forward and back in a kind of time travel. Maybe. If I can figure out what I want to do. ;)

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
Currently the clock counts "days", "hours" and "minutes" of Game Time. - eg, it is Day 4.

This does not really work that well for simulating time travel, in my opinion.

Assume the party travels into the future. Day 4 changes to Day 24. But that suggests it is the party's 24th day of questing. In fact, it is only the party's 4th day of questing.

For the concept of time travel to work there really needs to be an objective standard of time that is not fixed by reference to the party (ie, a calendar -- ideally, configurable by the designer in terms of Month names, number of months, number of days in each month). Because the party will have been adventuring for only 4 days (it is still Day 4 for them) but the calendar has moved on 20 more days.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 07:41:45 PM »
Nothing says the quest has to be tied to days in that way. ;) You can run a script that keeps track of all of the time travel.

Plus, I hadn't even thought about tying time travel to a quest. But now I will. :D

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Thanks to Manikus's help, I can now show an example for combat in Friedrich's Fault. I fear I have to do a lot of combat icons now.  ::)

I used the Erynis data for the demon monster, seems to work...
By the way, could you provide me with data for a ceratopsid, Manikus, for example Triceratops? Or Styracosaurus, if there is data for this one?

EDIT: I will of course improve the background, it does not yet look convincing enough to me...

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2013, 02:35:28 AM »
That looks good :D well for me it looks really nice and looking forward to play it. I think i should work harder on my mods :D.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 01:23:12 PM »
Dinonykos sets a pretty high bar for us all to strive for. :D

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »
Yeah, icons looks great btw, very cartoonish.