Author Topic: Icon requests for Uatu  (Read 42812 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: Icon requests for Uatu
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »
I'm willing to concede that animentals may be nearly invisible on their home plane (though I didn't see anything about that in the MotP, but I wasn't really looking either). They will still look cool, and I would be using them on the Prime Material Plane my design is set in. :D I just keep thinking that doing combat with a flame otyugh would be awesome. ;)

Oh, and while you may be almost done with the non-unique devils, Uatu, you still have a lot left to do. ;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:41:16 PM by manikus »

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 01:53:56 PM »
:D I just keep thinking that doing combat with a flame otyugh would be awesome. ;)

Which got me to thinking that it might be even more fun to put the flame otyugh on a cloud giant's porch, ring the doorbell, then run behind a hedge...   8)
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 09:54:06 PM »
Yeah, anyway, I decided in general not to follow the MotP too closely, anyway - and kind of assume that Prime forms of elementals are basically how things will look in the Inner Planes as well (that assumption allows me to only do elemental-types once :D ).

I wonder if flame otyughs are clean or dirty?!  Flame would ostensibly burn dung and offal...  Or maybe it is just continually stinking and burning...

As for the meazel - well, it is just a wee meazel :D  They are not big, so it won't take much time to do one...
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://dhost.info/uatu

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »
Excellent question about flame otyughs. I would imagine that they are bound to be innundated with the elemental plane of fire equivalent of the 'nasty stuff'. :D

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:45 PM »
Brown flames?  Stinky fire?  :D  Might not be very good for cooking or killing microbes...

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 01:59:16 PM »
I would think that the flame otyugh's particular 'fire' would encourage fire plane microbes. :D

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »
and since in the "real world" and theoretically and home plane, a tracker could track following signs such as footprints and spoor...

How would you be able to tell in an elemental plane...?

ST

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
Why, that elemental my dear ST. ;) Creatures of each plane would have developed appropriate methods for accomplishing this.
If you want to know more, you will have to pay my quite high sage fee. :D I was just looking at the costs of such things in the DMG and we're talking major bucks. ;)

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 08:05:24 PM »
I think that intimidation of those puny, nerdy sages would be a lot easier and cheaper :D  ("What, you want an ultra-wedgie with simultaneous noogie AGAIN?!?!")

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »
I think that intimidation of those puny, nerdy sages would be a lot easier and cheaper :D  ("What, you want an ultra-wedgie with simultaneous noogie AGAIN?!?!")
:D

But, what if the sage in question is a retired adventurer? What if that same said sage sought by surreptitious adventurers retired from being a 40th level ranger and his "housekeeper" is a retired adventurer as well? And she is the kind of retired adventurer that backstabs at times a gajillion?

Just sayin'... ;)

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »
not to mention that when I DM-ed and the players decided to step on the toes of NPCs whom they were getting info from, it tended to be less than truthful info that they received from those NPCs. This can range from hilarious comedy to annoying to incredibly dangerous, depending on the situation.

ST the hilarious annoying and dangerous

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
I tended to be more vindictive - like, "As the Pete the Paladin attempts to beat the information ouf of Sam the Sage, Sam transmogrifies and reveals his true form - the Avatar of Torm; who immediately strikes down Pete and revokes his frequent good-doer card."

Of course, it is in the nature of some PCs to try and shake down the sage...like maybe SilentThief the Silent Thief... ;)

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 07:25:44 AM »
Obviously, you have to find punier sages ("Detect Puniness, 100' Radius" spells can help)...

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 02:22:20 PM »
You can also check to see if the sage is wearing a 'Girdle vs. Wedgies +1' or greater, 'cause if they are, we no they're susceptible. ;)

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2011, 12:30:58 AM »

just thought of an answer to this...

Why, that elemental my dear ST. ;) Creatures of each plane would have developed appropriate methods for accomplishing this.

you mean that the fire-kitty has a fire kitty litter box, right?

ST