Author Topic: Modules to play  (Read 15447 times)

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
Re: Modules to play
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2012, 05:26:42 AM »
So it's all a question of who cares first?    :-\

Could be, although maybe you interpret it more negatively than me? I guess it's that I might be more interested in helping to improve the design than in telling others which ones to play (or avoid), and the prerequisite for this kind of feedback to make sense is that the authors are still around and still interested in updating their designs ...

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2012, 07:12:07 AM »
Actually I agree with you, for the most part.  I have PMed authors about specific bugs and spelling errors, but for the most part I avoid suggesting they change anything else.  There have been a couple of exceptions, but I have never sent a suggested change without a bug report.  And I only do this for recent designs.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »
Well, as a designer, I'm always interested in how players experience the game and how they perceive the art choice, the design decisions, the story-teling etc. and what they think could have been done better. So personally I'd love any kind of feedback, not just the one about bugs and typos. I might not always end up agreeing with the criticism, but I'd take it seriously and comment on it, and it reminds me to take the players into consideration, because in the end I want my design to be enjoyed by others, not just myself.

But taking the time to write down your thoughts as a player is much more rewarding when you know it's appreciated as opposed to getting no reaction at all, or even risking to get on the wrong side of someone (and all just because you sacrificed a little of your leisure time to offer free advice). I guess I'm just a little cautious there, because among the many times I offered constructive criticism (not just in UA and DC, mainly NWN), there were also several where I aked myself in the end why did I even bother, because it was ignored.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2012, 11:58:04 AM »
Right people should be encouraged when they do something :) it help them continue, so for me I always will say how module is good at least for the trying, of course it can be always done better but still it is important to feel good about things done alredy beside some things that could be done better and corrected :) so for DC I think it is the best thing that happened to me lately and for better or for worse together with this forum it brought me back to world of 3d Art beside RP-ing. Good news are I will be actualy able to produce nice 3D art pretty fast :) it might not be best but it is good starting point I think :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:00:08 PM by Rainbower »

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 09:13:18 PM »
Thematically, I'm not likely to change my designs. But I will update to version 1.00 when it comes out. And will likely change wallsets and backgrounds if new ones I like are made.

Offline JudgeDeadd

• There's a custom title box now?
  • A perfect day for a short walk around the world.
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2013, 05:44:15 PM »
I have to point out that the links to The Chalice of Unlife and The House are expired.

On the other hand, An Unexpected Encounter can still be downloaded via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine (http://web.archive.org/web/20111013011826/http://www.whatnots.cc/multimedia/encounter.zip).
“For one who claims to be no more than an observer of this play, you’ve had more than your share of commentary, stranger.”

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »
@ Olivier Leroux

Thank you for keeping the list updated. I saw the most recent update w/ the list of mods from Dinonykos, and I forgot how awesome his art style is. I am going to have to download and play these!!!

ST

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »
@ Olivier Leroux

Thank you for keeping the list updated. I saw the most recent update w/ the list of mods from Dinonykos, and I forgot how awesome his art style is. I am going to have to download and play these!!!

ST

You're welcome! I'm sure Dinonykos would love to get some feedback on them.  :)

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2017, 09:28:39 AM »
By the way, I noticed that the links to four of the older modules on the list are not working anymore, among them manikus' The Academy DEMO and Milos' Towers of Magic.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2017, 01:58:44 AM »
Dear Olivier,

thanks again for updating the list! Could you perhaps add Uatu as co-author of "The Case..."? Not only did he do some art exclusively for this design, he also helped me develop the story. I think we might do another "Hemlock" design in case that people like this one, by the way... :D

EDIT: Thank you for adding Uatu...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 02:50:21 AM by Dinonykos »
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

anything