Author Topic: Changing Fonts in an Adventure  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Rendclaw

Changing Fonts in an Adventure
« on: January 19, 2010, 12:34:25 AM »
Hey folks, I don't design modules, I play those that I find... but I have a minor problem.

There is a rather annoying font that is in some modules, and I want to change it to something much more legible. How do I do this.

Offline Ben J

• Keeper of the 44 quest variables
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
  • "See how I reward those who fail me!"
Re: Changing Fonts in an Adventure
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 01:03:05 AM »
Go here: http://frua.corhub.com/font01.htm#Game_Fonts

Download the font you want. The file is called GAME.FON and replaces the font for a game, if placed in the respective design folder.
Released designs:

The Sect

Offline Rendclaw

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 02:05:05 AM »
Thanks much! Ray Dyer is a master at making these things, but his choice of font in a couple of them.... whew... not good.

Offline Olivier Leroux

• Administrator
  • Yip, yip, yip!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 04:50:02 AM »
Or you just delete game.fon in the folder of the game in question. UA reverts back to the default font then.

Offline Ray

• Tour The Realm!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 07:40:55 AM »

LOL!

I thought there was going to be an uprising when Ravenloft (Game21) came out.  The font and the color drove people batty...  :o

For some reason, I can still read that font without any difficulty, but I understand that it (and several others) were deleted by a number of players to make the game  accessible.  To each his own!  Another option is to take the game.fon file from a design you did find pleasing, and copy that into the design folder of the game that is making your eyes bug out.  Then you get the stylized font you like, with the shortest amount of time lost.

Happy adventuring!

Offline Vix

• Mmmm ... Spider Slushies!
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 12:47:11 PM »
What font did the Ravenloft game use?

I recall someone used that bloody font I made for some game, in red no less. Gods above, I tried to go back in time and undo my creating it. Was soooo horrible.  ROFL

Offline DesertScrb

• Another day, another dungeon.
    • Super Galactic Dreadnought blog
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 04:39:25 PM »
I think your blood font is the font Ray used for Ravenloft.  Bright red on a black background, with highlighted text a strong blue.  The color scheme gave the font a 3-D effect--it looked like it was floating above the screen!  Very distracting for some.

Offline Ray

• Tour The Realm!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 06:39:57 AM »

Yeah, that sounds like it...

I think I got more feedback about the font on that game than I did the game itself!   ;D

Offline iatus

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 12:11:02 PM »
Careful with the font, though. I remembered playing a Planescape module with some particular fonts that was almost unreadable to me. Couldn't play it until I found the way to restoring them to the usual ones.

anything