Author Topic: new as of engine 2.85: Enter Password Feature request  (Read 93 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
new as of engine 2.85: Enter Password Feature request
« on: April 29, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »
In the latest engine release, 2.85, Paul crushed a bug related to the AURA_Create Hook. He also added a feature request to be able to change the default text for the Enter Password Event.
 To change the default text "ENTER PASSWORD:" for the aptly named Enter Password Event, you add an event attribute that tells the engine to look to see if a special event is associated with this event. You need a script in your SA database that changes the words. This works exactly like the Event Attributes for the five events that support Event Attributes.
 (http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3348.msg47145#msg47145)

Example of use:
 1)   add your Enter Password event
 2)   click on Event Attrbute button. Add  one with a name like "EnterPasswordEvent"
 3)   open special abilities editor and add a new SA called "EnterPasswordEvent"
 4) add a script with the Hook, "EventMenuText" and enter a value of  something like, "$RETURN "$/ENTER PASSWORD:/What do you say?/0";"

Offline marainein

Re: new as of engine 2.85: Enter Password Feature request
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 05:41:14 PM »
Nice. Can I suggest also that the actual text input entered get stored in an ASL or some other way. That could come in handy.

A separate issue - and I'm not sure if this is a bug - but I've lost the Super Spud character :(. It used to be that if I ran the game in test mode without a test party, I'd get a character called Super Spud by default instead. That's stopped sometime in the past few updates. Instead I get no party and on my first move the game ends. I can work around it by setting a test party.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 05:46:43 PM »
The next feature request is  to have an Enter Input event, or to modify the Enter Password event, whicever Paul thinks is best.

No Super Spud? That sounds like a bug to me. I never test from current spot through the editor because I never change the names of the engine. I will try it out this weekend, though, and get the issue to Paul. :)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 01:11:18 PM »
I cannot recreate the "no Super Spud" issue. :(

Here is my setup: in my editor folder reside two executables - DungeonCraft_285.exe and DungeonCraftEditor_285.exe.
In each of the three designs I tried, there was either DungeonCraft_284.exe or DungeonCraft_285.exe.

Each time I tested from current position, Super Spud was my go to guy...

I did not rename any of the files to "DungeonCraft.exe" and there are no executables in my TemplateDesign.dsn folder in the editor directory.

Offline marainein

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 03:37:07 PM »
Perhaps it's some quirk of my setup. I'll install DC from scratch and see if it occurs.

Let us know how it goes. :) We definitely want this feature to work.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:46:55 PM by manikus »