Author Topic: Odd Update: Picture Books  (Read 312 times)

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
Odd Update: Picture Books
« on: April 16, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »
Hi all,

Well - unfortunately this is not a new art announcement (quite busy of late), despite my having updated my webpage.  Instead:

- I have a new section of "Picture Books" that has 2 online "books" for children.  The idea was to help teach small children English - so if any of you have children, they may enjoy them.  (I did float the idea around to add audio, but for now, no.)  Another idea may be to have other language versions of the same stories (Japanese, German, etc.).
- I also have a "Other" section that has some strange odds and ends, such as some old Javascript AD&D PC generators that I used long ago (more than a decade) for an online campaign I DMed long ago.  (At least one player told me that he enjoyed it!)

As for new art...  I've started three portraits and not finished any of them!  :(
More Dungeon Craft Art at my Web Page: http://dhost.info/uatu

Offline Jadefang

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: Odd Update: Picture Books
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 08:29:02 PM »
Cute books. I think page 10 of A Fishy Treasure image link is broken, though.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 01:56:43 AM »
True about page 10.

And for generators, I wish I could do things like that. They are truly awesome...

For piscture generator if there could be option to change colour of background. For me it would be great if there is white background option but others like in Case of stolen Masterpiece would also be nice.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:45:40 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 02:31:09 AM »
Great! I will test them on my children! I like the aspect of biology teaching in these stories.

PS: The witch image which links to the Dungeon Craft section seems also new to me, but I may have overlooked it earlier...
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 07:39:01 AM »
Thanks - fixed the problem for page 10.

The (Javascript) generators were something I made back when I was younger and had time on my hands!  Luckily, they still work, too.  (I had my players copy and paste the text from the output text area.)  A bit around that time, I started drawing art for Dungeon Craft, too - time really flies...

As for the picture generator - a background color selector is certainly doable - if I ever get the (nonexistent) energy that I need to do it...  There is a fairly easy way to make sliders for colors, but...  I was thinking to make the background just clear, but I'd need to redo the images used in the page for that.

Dinonykos - yeah, for these two stories, rather realistic animals were used as the characters (but new stories may be different).  You may be one of the few able to guess the species of the 3 fish...

The witch picture is probably new (maybe I did not add it to the update page) - I will have to add it one of these days...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:41:36 AM by Uatu »

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 08:08:05 AM »
Dinonykos - yeah, for these two stories, rather realistic animals were used as the characters (but new stories may be different).  You may be one of the few able to guess the species of the 3 fish...

Cyclopterus (lumpsucker?), I guess?
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »
I wish i could do things like Uatu and Dinonykos. I need to learn it but till then I can eat this and will try to finish one easter render http://www.mistoprodeje.cz/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/HARIBO-Dinos_N-small-700x600.jpg

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 04:53:43 PM »
Sorry - there are 3 species of fish!

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 11:58:06 PM »
Sorry - there are 3 species of fish!
I wanted to leave something for the others.  ;D

If you want me to guess, I would assume the other fish are a puffer-/porcupinefish and "electric eel".
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:09:48 AM by Dinonykos »

Offline Uatu

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • World's Edge
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 09:11:01 AM »
I am not 100% sure anymore (I drew these several months ago), but I think they were:
- Rhinogobiops nicholsii (Blackeye Goby)
- Malapterurus electricus (Electric Catfish (one of them, but not full size))
- Arothron nigropunctatus (Blackspotted Puffer (in its yellow variation/phase))

Milos, it's all fairly simple and just something to do if one has time and energy!

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 10:24:35 AM »
Oha, then I was wrong for two of them on family level... I admit that I should have recognized the Goby, it fits better with your drawing than Cyclopterus. Concerning Malapterurus - I think yours is a little slender...  ;D

anything