Author Topic: RELEASED: GameXX and GameU1  (Read 111 times)

Offline Ray

RELEASED: GameXX and GameU1
« on: April 06, 2017, 10:49:20 PM »

I just re-uploaded GameU1 to Rosedragon.  These aren't games, but tools that I've been asked by a  few people over the years to upload.  I kept promising that I would, but it took the Seven-Day Challenge to get me back into the game and make good on those offers.

GameXX is a template file with the diff and items, etc. to make a Realm game, for anyone inclined to do that.  It also includes Vix's art packs, and some other odds and ends that seemed appropriate.  There's very little different here from using Game00.dsn as a base for your own Realm game, but it removes the need to delete the Dungeon files used for that design's mini-adventures. 

GameU1 is a character builder tool.  It's not quick and easy, but it is precise.  You can level your characters to exactly the level you want them to be, and then you can go to a series of "shops" that offer every item in the Realm at no cost.  The idea is to allow folks to level up and gear up to whatever they feel comfortable taking with them into an adventure that isn't for first-level characters.  The preferred method is still, of course, leveling up through a full-on campaign, but I've gotten multiple requests from folks who just want to play a high-level adventure without first playing a dozen other games to reach that level. 
The game is your own, and this makes that more true than ever!

Happy Adventuring!

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: RELEASED: GameXX and GameU1
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 11:35:49 AM »
Fantastic work.  I will likely be putting both of these to use.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Kaz-Keith

Re: RELEASED: GameXX and GameU1
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 07:42:12 PM »
I couldn't help but notice quite a few of vix's art updates in use - i'd like to think that wherever she is just now everything is a bit more colourful for her  ;D  same for darius' combat icon collection from an icon revamping contest going on years ago now.

anything