Author Topic: missing text file?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: missing text file?
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2017, 06:37:56 PM »
I can't open up the editor folder for 2.83 in order to see the sub-folders

You can't open the folder?

But...but...but....In message #51  you included a graphic that
shows the contents of your editor folder.  It shows that there
are three files in your editor folder (named DungeonCradtEditor_283):

1) config
2) DungeonCraftEditor_283
3) UafErr-Edit

See:
http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3521.msg50625#msg50625

So you obviously opened your editor folder....I can see
the files in that folder.   It contains no sub-folders but
it is clearly open for inspection.

Sign me, Very Confused!

Offline Zad

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2017, 09:12:43 PM »
Shouldn't the data, resources and saves file be underneath the templatedesign.dsn, which is in turn subordinate to the editor?  That picture shows the config.txt file as far in as I was able to get it, which wasn't far enough to enable the editor to run.

In 2.77, when I look at the file structure and click on the editor, it shows me two folders under it:  Editor Resources and Templatedesign.dsn.  Then I can go to the templatedesign.dsn and see data, resources, and saves, so I can put the config.txt in the data folder.

In 2.83, when I click on the same spot, the folder that says editor, all I get is an error message about a missing config.txt.  But there's no way to provide it.  I am telling you this from memory because I no longer have 2.83 installed, if it ever truly was.

I know this is due to something wrong that I'm doing, and I don't know what.  I am trying to be polite here and answer your posts, but at this point I'm not asking for help, Paul.  I'm just making you more and more frustrated, and I don't want to do that.  2.77 works for me and I'll just go with that.  Truly, thank you for your time and attempts to help.

Edit:
Okay, I unzipped the 2.83 download again.  This time I'm able to look inside the file named "dunbeon craft editor 2.83" (I'm sorry, don't mean to keep harping on the typo but it does distinguish it from the 2.77 folder).  Inside the folder I see a folder named .rsrc, which in turn contains a lot of other folders, none of them named "data."  In addition to the .rsrc folder, there are also some single files  named .data, .rdata, .text, and .tls.   I didn't get this far before, and I don't know why.  Where should the wide format config.txt go?  Ah, here I am asking you a question when I just said I wouldn't.  It really doesn't matter, because I am able to work on a design in 2.77.  Sorry.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:39:11 PM by Zad »

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2017, 10:41:13 PM »
Since your 2.77 folder works and has the subfolders under it, why not try the following:

Download DungeonCraftEditor_283.exe and extract it into the DungeonCraft277 folder
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Paul R. Stevens

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2017, 09:22:28 AM »
I'm not asking for help, Paul.

Then I will attempt to refrain from answering your questions. ;)

Good Luck.

anything