Author Topic: ST question -- part 1 - How do you make a combat character not a valid target  (Read 114 times)

Offline SilentThief

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Hello. I remember reading discussion on how to make a combat character not a valid target (aka un-target-able by combat attacks or direct target with spell/missle fire. I do NOT expect this to at all affect any "splash over" from an area spell, such as fireball)

I do not remember the post or the process (if in fact it it is possible, and wasn't just discussion)

How do we do this again? I have an idea for something and I want to play around with this.

ST the playa
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:42:10 AM by SilentThief »

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Hello. I remember reading discussion on how to make a combat character not a valid target (aka un-target-able by combat attacks or direct target with spell/missle fire. I do NOT expect this to at all affect any "splash over" from an area spell, such as fireball)

I do not remember the post or the process (if in fact it it is possible, and wasn't just discussion)

How do we do this again? I have an idea for something and I want to play around with this.

ST the playa

I don't remember the thread, either. Hey, let's start a new one! ;)

The Hook you want is called "IsValidTarget". Look in the default SA database at the SA called IsBlinking2 for an example.

anything