Author Topic: RELEASED: The Realm - Thunder Rift  (Read 766 times)

Offline hans

Re: RELEASED: The Realm - Thunder Rift
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 10:22:47 PM »
I hate to hit you with a little more bad news, amigo, but once that Transfer Event is fixed, when we get to dungeon 10, there's immediately a typo: "life" instead of "lift the door flap"...   :-[

Offline Ray

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 10:26:36 PM »

:-[ :-[ :-[

I'm grateful, Hans...more than a little embarrassed, but still grateful!

Offline hans

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 10:30:56 PM »
Er...another typo.  Later on "...crude murals deicting..." --apparently p-less.   :-[ 

I am enjoying the game, tho.   :)

Offline Ray

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 10:56:54 PM »

I'm relieved to hear it!  I'm trying to remember when this one fell during the spate of game making.  My grandmother went into the hospital, so I spent a few days driving 90 minutes west, followed by 90 minutes east to make it to work the next day.  You know how that goes...you feel like you're 100% together, but when you look back, you start to see that you were really human Swiss cheese. 

I have a feeling, this might be the adventure I was working on around that time. 

Offline hans

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 11:18:52 PM »
Swiss cheese, maybe, but a mighty fine grandson, surely   ;) 

Offline hans

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 04:29:28 PM »
I revised my Review of Game46: Palace of Dread (http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?topic=3513.0).  Looking back, I saw that I had thoughtlessly inflated a minor point into becoming the centerpiece of my comments.   :icon_puke_l:  As I reviewer, I must sometimes remind myself to stick to those salient points that other players will likely wish to know about.

Offline Ray

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2017, 08:19:06 PM »

Thanks, Hans!  I struggled with getting the right level for that one.  Because it was officially for first-level characters, who would have gotten steamrolled by some of the gang-up-on the-PCs encounters that exist.  But I waffled between the options for what would be sufficient...

Also, referring to the original text (I was DMing on Saturday and didn't get to write back earlier), I didn't realize the site had increased the level to 4-6!  I have to edit that.  It was definitely not my attention to say it was that big of a challenge.  Mainly, I was torn between 2-4 and 3-5.  Because I figured a second-level party would have a very hard time if they weren't composed of the right sort of classes, but a fifth-level party would be more on the bored side.  And none of the class modules were for "characters levels 3-4!"   ;D

So appreciate reading your thoughts, Hans...Thanks you again.  I'm glad you enjoyed the green dragon hunt!

Offline hans

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2017, 09:00:40 PM »
Very much so!   :) 

As to the level comments, I regretted going into to all that in the Review section, since, as I said, I really considered them of minor importance and was originally just going to mention the subject as an aside consisting of a simple sentence.  Unfortunately, I allowed it derail my train of thought, making for a sloppy and unbalanced review. 

The subject would have been more appropriate for this thread, and I'm glad you addressed it here.   :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:57:40 PM by hans »

Offline hans

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2017, 10:52:18 PM »
I am greatly enjoying Game47, The Haunted Tower at the moment. 

I have noticed a couple of typos:
"...a flight of stone stpes that twist upward."
and
"...mounded in the ar corner."

Offline hans

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 09:44:46 PM »
A couple more typos from Game47: The Haunted Tower:

"She smiles mysteriuosly." 

And a most amusing:

"The muck sings to a depth of about four feet as you cross to the exit on the far side."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:56:42 PM by hans »

Offline Ray

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 10:07:08 PM »
 ???  :o  ;D

Offline Kaz-Keith

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 01:50:50 PM »
A couple more typos from Game47: The Haunted Tower:

"She smiles mysteriuosly." 

And a most amusing:

"The muck sings to a depth of about four feet as you cross to the exit on the far side."

o this is easy to answer...

"She smiles virtuously, mysteriously" was cut for time.  The, ah, cut was a little off-centre.

The backstory about the ooze-template bard was also cut for time.

So, as you can see, the explanation is simply (cut for time)

Offline hans

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »
LOL   ;D 

I actually once considered doing a stereotypical fantasy mod but with every box of every text event to include one, deliberate typo, --along the lines of Ray's, now classic, "The muck sings to a depth of about four feet as you cross to the exit on the far side."

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 07:43:02 PM »
"The muck sings to a depth of about four feet..."

Below four feet, at greater depths, the muck hums deeply to itself in a somber baritone.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline Ray

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 08:46:10 PM »

I'm too busy laughing to say much, but I will admit that I'm really glad that Keith posted what he did about Mysteriuosly.  Because, till then, I'd been staring at it, going, "But what's wrong in that phrase?  Where did I make a typo?"

Then I read Keith's post and immediately realized what everyone else saw from the beginning...

Nothing better than being the last one to realize you were wrong all along (and how)...  ;D

On the other hand, I have a classic typo now!!!  8)

anything