Author Topic: Skippable Intro?  (Read 174 times)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Skippable Intro?
« on: June 28, 2016, 03:06:05 AM »
DC allows to show several title screens in a row. These can either be timed, or continued on keypress, which is excellent for a small intro.
But if a player restarts the design, he has to go through all title screens. If the intro is long, that might be boring.

When I wanted to have a longer intro (e.g. in form of a comic), I so far solved it that way that the intro was shown after starting adventuring, with "extra-big pictures".

What I would like better would be the following: An option to skip all the title screens (except the first, of course) with a certain key (ESC, for example). Is that possible, or would it be too much effort?
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: Skippable Intro?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 02:45:57 PM »
Can teh player not just hit the space bar?

You can do the screen 2+ as an event on the first square of your design...you probably have already thought of this.

There are some FRUA games I have played that have  a question at the beginning asking if you want random combat or not (assigns a quest to be checked for).