Author Topic: PREVIEW: The Case of the Stolen Masterpiece  (Read 6464 times)

Offline steve_mcdee

• Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: PREVIEW: The Case of the Stolen Masterpiece
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2017, 01:22:03 AM »
And not on the last page (ie, if you are already at "the end" of the text).

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2017, 02:20:45 PM »
There are two things going on at the bottom for text events.
1) PRESS ENTER TO CONTINUE
2) Press Enter for Next, Backspace for Previous, Space for Last

In the first one, this is a button with a highlighted letter 'N'. If you click it, press N or press ENTER, it contines to the next page, if applicable, or out of the event if at the end of the text.
In the second case, this is not a button, this is a list of options. There is ineed an issue with it not appearing on the first page of texts with more than one page, and a second issue that if you click it, it is as if you pressed ENTER.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2017, 04:18:59 AM »
and a second issue that if you click it, it is as if you pressed ENTER.
If the text is longer than 3 pages, pressing space lets you jump to the end of the text - this is working well. So I see we all agree that the "space" option should not appear on the last "page" of a long text, and should appear on the first "page" (which is not yet implemented).
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2017, 12:53:58 PM »
I think that the the hot-button list should appear the same every time it appears It's not a menu, it's not hot keys, it's just a guide to which button does what. :) If it were a menu or buttons, I would be in total agreement.
The bug as I see it is that the instructions appear on the first page of a 3+ page Text Statement event, but not on the first page of a 2 page Text Statement event.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2017, 01:07:46 PM »
The bug as I see it is that the instructions appear on the first page of a 3+ page Text Statement event, but not on the first page of a 2 page Text Statement event.

Er... you mean that is how it should be, right?
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2017, 01:27:22 PM »

Er... you mean that is how it should be, right?

I mean that what you, Uatu and Steve are discussing as a possible bug is how it was intended to look. I see an inconsistancy with the 2 page Text Statement and think the inconsistancy is the issue, albeit a rahter minor bug.

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2017, 01:46:16 PM »
I think this is a misunderstanding.

Let's say you have a long text which is 4 pages long. The function to jump to the end of the text via the space bar should be present on pages 1, 2, and 3. It would not make sense to show it at the end of page 4, since the end is already reached.

However, if I am not mistaken, it is different in the current versions: The option to jump to the end of the text is given on pages 2, 3, and 4. You cannot jump from page 1 to the end of the text.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2017, 01:55:47 PM »
I think this is a misunderstanding.

Let's say you have a long text which is 4 pages long. The function to jump to the end of the text via the space bar should be present on pages 1, 2, and 3. It would not make sense to show it at the end of page 4, since the end is already reached.

However, if I am not mistaken, it is different in the current versions: The option to jump to the end of the text is given on pages 2, 3, and 4. You cannot jump from page 1 to the end of the text.

There is ddefinitely a miscommunication here. :)

I am saying that the message that is shown is the only message. There are not more than one messages, so the same one always appears. This is how Paul intended it. You guys will have to convince him otherwise, and we will consider it a feature request.

In the current version of the engine, if the Text Statement is 2+ pages, the spacebar always takes you to the end, even from the first page. The functionality is there, even if the message telling you about it is not. ;)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2017, 12:11:12 AM »
Okay, I think I finally understood (hopefully).

You mean I could press space even on the first page, but the information is not there. In that case: It is all right with me that the same message appears, but it should definitely appear already on the first page of a longer text.

EDIT: Oha - I overlooked Steve's request in the new thread...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:17:24 AM by Dinonykos »

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2017, 01:16:11 PM »
Sorry. That's my fault. I unchecked the option for a redirect notice because I was already planning on moving it to a different subforum.