Author Topic: RELEASED - B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond - Chapters 1 & 2  (Read 6204 times)

Offline Dorateen

Re: RELEASED - B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond - Chapters 1 & 2
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2015, 09:44:08 AM »
I just started playing this adventure. It is the first hacked module I have run through using UAShell, and the presentation is quite impressive. I'm enjoying the set-up and getting on to the mission.

The party has entered the castle and cleared a couple of rooms. Great pen and paper like atmosphere.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:54:46 AM by Dorateen »
"The curse is time, and the tragedy that we have not enough of it."
~Charlotte, the Village Elder
Hearkenwold

Offline Jaesun

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2015, 09:40:53 PM »
Hope you enjoy this small adventure. And it is as close to the PnP module as possible (even alternate ways of resolving things, and doing certain events in any order). That took a lot of time to get working and debug. Just holler if you have any question.

And be sure to bring a Paladin....

Offline Dorateen

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2015, 05:36:30 PM »

And be sure to bring a Paladin....

I got that covered. In fact, it was the paladin (probably because he was the highlighted character) who found the cabinet we could block a door with in order to rest. What a relief!

Cleric and Thief have enough XP to train now, but I gather we will have to clear the castle before heading back to town.
Hearkenwold

Offline Jaesun

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2015, 02:29:12 PM »
Yes, you need to complete your task first, before returning to town. Not all classes can train in town, once you return however. Once you finish Chapter 1 and 2 and leave for the world map, you CAN train all classes at the near by city. :)

Offline Dorateen

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2015, 10:56:32 AM »
Cleared out the Castle for Mr. Caldwell. Investigation room by room and discovering little details was fun. I enjoyed the map event upon leaving the castle, selecting which character was in charge of the cartography. And the way you handled reporting the findings of the party, a recap of notable events with appropriate images, was really neat. I also appreciate running into the people we met, back in town.

The cleric is trained, and I want to punch Sir Jerrod in the face. We are saved outside the general store, thinking about any possible equipment upgrade. I'll probably just be buying ammunition for the F/MU. And then it's off to part 2, after a quick rest and memorization of new cleric spells.
Hearkenwold

Offline Jaesun

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2015, 10:00:24 AM »
Glad you are still enjoying this Dorateen. And yeah, Sir Jerrod is a bastard (that was a design decision I had to make, I only wanted to allow for only your clerics to level up, in Chapter 1).

I like doing recaps, so I am happy you liked that. And since there are two ways you can "deal" with the two encounters of people in the Castle, I liked the idea of you bumping into the people again, in town (as I felt it made sense).

Good luck with Chapter 2! (And just a small tip, the game does not end UNTIL you are on the overland map, and head to the large city near by).

Offline Dorateen

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »
OK, I was finally able to get started on Chapter 2. Have Inshee in the party, I thought he was a Halfling! Hope he doesn't turn on us. Just dealt with the madmen and our magic-user picked up the lab equipment.

Hearkenwold

Offline Dorateen

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2015, 10:40:28 AM »
Escaped the dungeon, which was a fun adventure! I was being careful conserving healing spells, but was able to survive thanks to the potion of extra healing. Cleared out all the sarcophagi, including those that are occupied. I had to fight that one battle where it gets initiative a couple times, but finally brought it down without any character deaths.

The riddle only stumped me because I tried it first without spaces. But it was cleverly done.

I liked the epilogue with Inshee. Justice is served, ha!

Made it to Specularum and FINALLY trained everybody. Plus had more than enough funds to buy sets of platemail, chainmail, and our party's thief picked up the boomerang.

Looks likes that wraps things up for Chapters 1 & 2. There's no point wandering around the overland map, except for site-seeing, is there? Overall, a very well done module and I'm awaiting the continuation.

Hearkenwold

Offline Jaesun

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2016, 12:01:21 PM »
Glad you liked Dorateen! And no, there is no point wandering around after making it back to town and training. Though you can walk around and see some of the other Relams modules to continue your adventure, if you want. Or just save your party and wait for Chapter 3, and import them into that.

Offline chaney

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2016, 06:16:54 PM »
This looks like a lot of fun.  I will try it over the weekend.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:19:27 PM by chaney »

anything