Author Topic: Weirdest RPGs You've Ever Played  (Read 2042 times)

Offline hans

Re: Weirdest RPGs You've Ever Played
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »
Speaking of weird, there was this game where you had to explore these underground labyrinths which had somehow been filled with monsters that waited calmly for you to kill them in isolated rooms and never organized against you, and were mysteriously maintained for eons without starving to death or trying to eat each other. That and they somehow collected lots of human money, thousands and thousands of coins, the origin of which was never clearly explained. Oh, and after you'd killed enough monsters, you'd somehow be able to take as much punishment as four large warhorses if you had the right type of character. I don't know if anyone else played it.

Wow, that is weird.

The only thing that would make it weirder would be if these monsters also had helpful items enchanted by powerful magic that they never used to help defend these isolated lairs.  Or if there were extremely deadly traps for no obvious reason littering the hallways of these labyrinths that were not set by the creatures roaming around and also somehow never triggered by them either.  I can't imagine that kind of insanity, though.

Say... that might make a good idea for a mod, someday...   ;)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Re: Weirdest RPGs You've Ever Played
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 11:01:42 AM »
Say... that might make a good idea for a mod, someday...   ;)

I wouldn't even begin to start to commence to think about beginning to ponder how insanely crazy that would turn out.  Count me in as a playtester.
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

anything