Author Topic: EGA combat icons  (Read 14569 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: EGA combat icons
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 03:07:06 PM »
Cool, I am playing Neverwinter Nights, offline. It has very nice EGA graphics, even better when used with -scaler hq2x command after start.bat (that is for DOSBOX here is more http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Scaler)

Made me to want to do some mods in FRUA too :) maybe i will do it together with DC.

Offline Adam

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 06:10:12 PM »
@Milos Gulan: Neverwinter Nights is on my list too. Though I like to play old DOS games with nearest neighbor filter, I thing those blocky pixels are charming.

And here are the icons for this week, letter B: bugbear, basilisk, bandit/buccaneer, beholder, bulette, bansee, banite cleric.
The extra Baldur's Gate npcs are: Kivan, Montaron, Quayle, Safana, Shar-Teel Dosan, Skie Silvershield, Tiax.

As usual, .png is showcase, .zip contains all the .pcx files.

Offline hans

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2015, 02:15:56 PM »
Very nice!  Your technique just seems to be getting better and better.   :hello2:

I hope your work will inspire more folks to consider trying EGA mods of their own.  These lovely icons deserve to be seen in the full context they were created for.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2015, 07:27:26 PM »
Are all of these EGA icons being stored somewhere besides the forum?
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 07:00:38 AM »
I don't think so. I have on my HD also :)

Offline Adam

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 02:35:35 PM »
Are all of these EGA icons being stored somewhere besides the forum?

I uploaded the showcase png files to the pixeljoint, but other than that, they are only stored locally besides the forum.

Offline Adam

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »
As said last week, enemies this week come from TSRs "A1 - Slave Pits of the Undercity": orc, skeleton, ogre, wight, ghoul, harpy, assassin.

Baldur's Gate I-II personalities in the second column: Viconia DeVir, Xan, Xzar, Yeslick Orothair, Sarevok Anchev, Aerie, Anomen Delryn.

As usual, .png is showcase, .zip contains all the .pcx files.
Next week my wife and daughter are visiting her parents, so I'll maybe have some extra time for small pictures or sprites.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2015, 05:10:08 PM »
You are making them so fast that i can't download them fast enough :). Will try tomorrow they look very good. Yeah i have given up on scaler now I am playing without it and taking screencaps from DosBox, they are 2x smaller then i used to have before. Also I have finaly installed DC 1.3 and started playing with my module again :)

Offline hans

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2015, 07:08:14 PM »
Very nice, Adam!   :D 

You should really think about uploading them to the UA File Archive (http://frua.rosedragon.org/). 

It's far more likely that they might be found by the average mod author over there than here, as the Archive is usually the first (often only) stop for many to find such art.  A lot of folks who don't regularly follow threads here do periodically check the "What's New" page over there.

Offline Adam

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2015, 04:17:01 PM »
You should really think about uploading them to the UA File Archive (http://frua.rosedragon.org/). 

I'll definitely do that, though I thought about waiting till I get to a hundred of them. With the current tempo, I'll reach that next week.

Meanwhile I had some fun drawing a new picture for an orc encounter. Could probably tweak it for a while but I'll call it done now:

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2015, 04:47:35 AM »
Wow, Very nice work.

Offline Dorateen

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2015, 10:13:46 AM »

I'll definitely do that, though I thought about waiting till I get to a hundred of them. With the current tempo, I'll reach that next week.

Yes, please do that. I have used artwork from both DungeonCraft and IceBlink extensively from the FRUA archives. You art is great and I would definitely plan on incorporating those graphics!
"The curse is time, and the tragedy that we have not enough of it."
~Charlotte, the Village Elder
Hearkenwold

Offline Adam

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2015, 09:18:28 AM »
Week seven, continuing "A1 - Slave Pits of the Undercity" enemies: troll, ghast, slaver mage, slave, giant soldier ant, orc chief, doppleganger.

Additional Baldur's Gate 2 companions: Cernd, Haer'Dalis, Jan Jansen, Keldorn Firecam, Korgan Bloodaxe, Mazzy Fentan, Nalia de'Arnise.

pcx files in the zip archive.

Just seven left to reach hundred...

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 07:22:53 PM »
What tools and techniques are you using to create your icons? 
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2015, 02:31:22 AM »
I have been collecting them and for now I have 50 pictures (49 icons and one portrait). I will have to download latest, that is 14 icons more, that is 64 pictures if I am not wrong. Great work btw, it is very nice addition to FRUA art.