Author Topic: Towers of Magic  (Read 12381 times)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
Re: Towers of Magic
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2017, 02:10:01 AM »
If I understand correctly, the lower example shows a character who always turns his front to the party - I think this looks good.

The character in the upper example looks a if you used only a frontal picture of the character to generate views from the side - this makes the character look flat. If the character shall always look in the same direction, e.g. northwards, you need at least 4 different pictures of that character.
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #271 on: May 07, 2017, 02:30:00 AM »
That is right.

I don't know to do character walls like You do :) I wish I could. I will copy Case.dsn (design with Sherlas :)) into my DC work folder and see how it is done and if I can maybe learn a bit more about walls for furniture ect. And I think I will need to clean the place to see what else is there. :) Nice design definitely.

If maybe You could tell me in short how to do character walls that they look nice from all perspective, I would like to learn it. I hope it is not to much to ask, now I need to go to vote for town elections :) better to be on my way...

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2017, 05:42:37 AM »
Milos, if you like, as I already offered you earlier, you can post pictures of a character from front, left, right and back in good resolution, then I could post how to make an NPC wall out of him/her. I will also not forget about doing a demo design concerning this topic, but I have not so much time to work on designs at the moment.
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2017, 06:07:06 AM »
Ok thank You. Here is my latest work, I was thinking to do one boy and a girl character for all and was thinking about underwater adventure. To the south I should do expansion with port and this captain like character girl should do good :). I think I will work more about it.

I will try to make better sprites but for now I will keep on doing like this :) no time for that now so I will just try to learn it eventualy and wait for that minimod :)

What happened in reality in my beach is like in that mod Case of Stolen Masterpiece, I got 30 new beach seats stolen and it seems at least 2 nearby beach got hit as well. I was in real trouble during weekend but now seems eveverything under control. 80 seats left but 40 needs to be repaired :) now I will need to take my mom to doctor and then I will try to see what can be done.

At least I have updated DC to newest version :) Sorry for me being a bit worried.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2017, 11:53:23 PM »
Ok, I think I have figured how to do it. I will have to make some additional renders for side views but it will be better then the walls made with default wallgen. I hope I can make it better :). Here is just for my info to see how to do it from Dinonykos mod

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2017, 12:17:41 AM »
It depends a little on what you want. The NPCs in "Case of the Stolen Masterpiece" all turn to the party, since their front is always shown. I thought what you want were NPCs which show their backs if you appear from behind. For these, you'll need character views from at least 4 sides.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2017, 03:05:33 AM »
Hm... back now that is an interesting thing :) ok I will have to think about it and maybe to have all 4 sides of person wall that is 4 walls. One wall for front, one for back and two for sides. Here is my try with just one wall with edited sides. It seems wall gen does not very good work when sprites are used and it seems to be better to make them on my own. But wow 4 sides walls now that I will have to try :) but later atm i still have flu and will need to take a rest. Ty for your comments and help...

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2017, 04:58:32 AM »
That goes in a good direction, I think!

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2017, 09:04:51 AM »
Thank You, yes it seems so. Ok here is 4 walls for each side of character. I think I have made it... only that I will have to move it a bit up to look that she is standing in the middle. Will have to work on it a bit more :)

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2017, 04:26:45 AM »
This looks good.

I think I have made it... only that I will have to move it a bit up to look that she is standing in the middle. Will have to work on it a bit more :)

Concerning the position of the NPC - most of my NPC walls handle it that way that the NPC is standing at the edge of the square, just like walls. Alternatively, you can do NPC walls which look like the NPC is standing in the center of the square. This might be a little more difficult to handle. It depends on what you want to achieve.

In case that you want to do things like the party sneaking behind the NPC or surprising him/her from behind, it might be better to position the NPC wall between two squares, this allows you to use one event for the front and the other for the back of the character.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2017, 02:21:57 PM »
You might be right. I will have to think about it and try it again :) Will need some time, but probably will do it for the weekend.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #281 on: May 23, 2017, 10:52:34 AM »
I have made it thanks to Your help, insted of 4 i have 2 walls with all sides :) here is how it looks. I have also made back sprite :) for sneaking type of events.

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2017, 10:56:58 AM »
Now I will need to do male version :)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2017, 12:32:14 PM »
Nice work, Milos. 8)

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2017, 12:49:05 PM »
Yes, Thank You very much :) I better do male version. It probably will be a bit higher then low commoner, then I will probably need to do a lower commoner like that female in brown :) I better get to work. I finaly have learned how to do it but will need to work more to achieve Dynonikos level of skill

anything