Author Topic: SHUA Furthered  (Read 1398 times)

Offline hans

Re: SHUA Furthered
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 08:55:33 PM »
Say Nol, I notice this in studying your SHUA docs' SpecAb list: 
82  SLAIN SLVR BLTS   SLEW BLESD BLTS  

Are Silver Bullets an Item you had originally intended to include in SHUA?  I may designate one of the available Item Strings to "Silver" and create some... 

...And, since I would then have the "Silver" Item String to re-use, I could create a Silver Sword with the Blessed Bolts SpecAb, too...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:48:40 PM by hans »

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2017, 07:28:37 PM »
I replaced "SLEW BLESD BLTS" with "SLAIN SLVR BLTS". The default SHUA villain set did not include any Lycanthropes, but the ability to create a new item called "Silver Bullets" is still there.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline hans

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 10:29:59 PM »
Thanks, Nol!   :D

BTW, looking under the hood now, so to speak, of SHUA, I'm very impressed by your industriousness and ingenuity.  Quite a job you did!

Offline hans

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2017, 08:38:00 PM »
I'm studying and experimenting with SpecAbs, with the goal of seeing which, if any, that Nol left out of the SHUA Worldhack (as superpowers) I might include in my expanded version (might as well call it SHUA-X). 

I am using Kaviyd's list from UANL #11 as a reference (http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/uanews/nlhtm11/special.htm), as well his contribution on the subject to the FAQ v2.3 (http://frua.rosedragon.org/faq/text/h5d.htm). 

I have had to abandon some early ideas, such using the SpecAbs "+2d6 fire damage" and "+4d6 fire damage" since they don't work as Items. 

While running experiments, I have discovered and unusual effect with SpecAb 121 "Fire Touch" (already currently used by SHUA as "Energy Aura 1").  It seems to work as an Item, as when testing it, I hit an opponent and he received the expected extra damage.  When my next turn for that PC came around, however, I was going to switch Items, and when I unreadied "Energy Aura 1" it immediately gave the former opponent another jolt of the extra damage.  Curious, I readied the Item again, and again unreadied it, as I unreadied it, once again the opponent took another round of damage.  I found that I could continue this, all in the same turn, until that opponent succumbed from loss of HPs. 

I next experimented with using "Fire Touch" ("Energy Aura 1") in conjunction with a missile weapon (first Pistol, then Bow & arrows).  In this case, in my first turn I hit the opponent with a missile, hitting with the expected extra damage.  On my next turn, I unreadied the ranged weapon (rather than the Fire Touch Item) and the opponent took damage every time I did until defeated. 

I'm wondering if I should re-add the "Cursed" property to "Energy Aura 1".  That would prevent players from unreadying that Item, but not an effected missile weapon...  Maybe, on the other hand, I should just trust players not to use this unexpected side-effect to cheat...    :icon_scratch:

[edit: I find that this side-effect is not limited to the "Fire Touch" SpecAb, but has also shown up in such SpecAbs as "Paralyze on Hit" and "Carrion Stench".] 

Is there a more recent list that details SpecAb effects when used as Items than I've been using (see above)...?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:03:27 PM by hans »