Author Topic: Conversations/Narrations Not Working  (Read 610 times)

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
Conversations/Narrations Not Working
« on: September 02, 2013, 04:25:48 PM »
Ran into another issue.  I can create a conversation or narration and place it on the map without issues.  I assign it to the event just fine, but when I run the module, a box pops up that says: "Failed to load the conversation file."  Nothing I change seems to make it work.  Am I missing something?  (I know that this is really vague, but I'm not sure why it's happening).
LANDS OF ADVENTURE: An Old-School Style CRPG

More Information Here: http://landsadventure.blogspot.com/

Offline slowdive

Re: Conversations/Narrations Not Working
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »
Not sure why based on the information you gave. If you send me your current module folder, I can have a look. Or, can you give me a little more detail of the steps you took to place the conversation?

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:15:47 PM »
I tried it again in another module.  Same result.

What I'm doing is creating a new event trigger and calling a "narration" (because as I understand it, conversations require an object in order to run).  I've created a simple narration conversation called "test_narration" and loaded it as one of the parameters.

When I run the module, all I see is a window that pops up and says "failed to load conversation file."  Not sure if I'm missing something.

What are the steps I need to take to set up a narration or conversation?  (I followed the steps that were in the video).

Offline slowdive

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 09:02:35 PM »
try adding a narration to the Lanterna HomeDS map somewhere and see if you are able to get that to work.

Sounds like you are doing it correctly. After you made the conversation, did you do a save with the conversation still open? If you close the conversation without hiting save, the convo will not be saved. Double check your conversation file (.xml) in a text editor and make sure everything looks like it is there. Try looking at some of the conversations and narrations on the HomeDS map and see if the triggers are setup the same way as what you did.

Offline ProphetSword

• Mod Designer
  • Administrator
  • FRUA Lives!
    • Lands of Adventure
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 02:09:18 PM »
Not sure what caused this issue, but the newest update seems to have fixed the issue, even without me changing anything.  Now...it just works.  So, good for you!   You fixed it on accident.  :D