Author Topic: FR 2e HUB: Forgotten Realms, 2nd Edition for Dungeon Craft  (Read 5362 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: FR 2e HUB: Forgotten Realms, 2nd Edition for Dungeon Craft
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 11:46:50 PM »
I think Nol Drek List is good, and I understand that argument of having too many gods, which was one of the main reason why I couldn't run GH, because I didn't know all of them.

I think 7 is good (for start), though yeah evil gods are missing, maybe one or 2 should be included though it is also not needed for start (meaning it would be problem for evil PC to play with good). I am missing maybe Mask and Tymora too beside those and maybe someone else, but I think we need to restrict gods to workable number just to be able to make something and then add to the list later.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:03:12 AM by Milos Gulan »

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2016, 01:00:11 PM »
I started with a list of 10, and narrowed it down to 7 by removing:

Mielikki: Goddess of forests, forest creatures, rangers, dryads, autumn. Neutral Good.
Tymora: Goddess of good fortune, skill, victory, adventurers. Chaotic Good.
Tyr: God of justice. Lawful Good.

I felt that Silvanus and Mielikki overlapped a bit, as did Torm and Tyr. I removed Tymora because if you have good fortune after worshiping a Goddess of luck, then it's not luck anymore.

I left out the Evil Gods on purpose. If you want one, I would remove Torm and replace him with one of the following:

Bane: God of hatred, fear, and tyranny. Lawful Evil.
Cyric: God of murder, lies, intrigue, strife, deception, illusion. Chaotic Evil.
Mask: God of thieves, thievery, shadows. Neutral Evil.

I would probably choose Mask, because Bane and Cyric seem novel-specific to me and Bane may or may not be dead.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2016, 01:19:55 PM »
I picked 7 as an arbitrary number. I mentioned I had a top ten, and Cyric, Loviator and Tyr were the three that Nol didn't mention that filled that out. ;) Actually, if I were doing something before the Time of Troubles, my top 10 would be 12 and Cyric would be replaced by the 3 he replaced.

It is all about the Special Abilities. Right now, I have something like 70 specialty priest classes, and each has it's own set of spells, race/gender requirements and add-ons.

I've attached a file showing the "name =" for all of the databases. I have the Crusader, Monk, Mystic and Shaman in separate files right now. I probably need at least 200 more SAs and there are quite a few "class X gains Y ability at level Z" to figure out.

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2016, 01:39:25 PM »
I'm glad to see that you are including Demihuman Deities such as Clangeddin Silverbeard, Garl Glittergold, Moradin, and Yondalla.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2016, 02:32:22 PM »
I'm glad to see that you are including Demihuman Deities such as Clangeddin Silverbeard, Garl Glittergold, Moradin, and Yondalla.

Uatu and I have spent many messages discussing this project over the last several years. It was pretty clear from the start that both of us wanted more demi-human options. Personally I plan on making use of the dwarven and gnomish pantheons in a design. :D

Uatu has provided me with some resources and given me heads up to which source material to look at. If you see that I have missed somebody, let me know who and where to look and I will rectify that.

Here is what I am thinking now... a release with a limited number of specialty priests and a resources release for others to finish a specialty priest they may want to use but that is not included in the limited class release.

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2016, 12:54:10 PM »
Okay, updated the first posst. Numbers for spells and special abilities went down. That is not a bad thing, just reflective of the fact that I have officially given up on locating a back-up that dates pre-dates that horrible, terrible, awful hard-drive crash while backing up to external drive that corrupted both.
Spells went way down because while I have a good number of spells in place (more than the default spells database), I didn't have any of the spells assigned to specialty priests or mages. Now I have severl priestly spheres attached to the appropriate folk. But, the main reason the number went down is that in the last three or four years, I have figured out a lot more things about DC and have about 20 more priest spells to add and likely that many wizard spells as well. The SA number went down to reflect that I have more spells yet to do. :D

I am only kind of working on this right now, as I really was looking at stuff for the underwater add-on and it mentioned some differences between 1e and 2e, so I got this out and dusted it off and brought it up to the latest engine/editor. :D