Author Topic: Characters for DC/FRUA  (Read 755 times)

Offline Milos Gulan

Characters for DC/FRUA
« on: May 18, 2013, 05:08:59 AM »
I was thinking of making a collection of characters for FRUA and sorting them by level. Those could be used probably for DC too but it would take long to convert them manualy so it would be nice to have option to import characters from FRUA to DC if possible.

Other thing I was thinking about is changing of names of those characters for DC, for example fighter Crom from FRUA Adventure Module The Bell and The Staff could be Crom Orets and with background also (or maybe complete different name and surname, and member of some adventuring guild, one of many :) i am thinking of). So how do the authors feel about this, and is it ok to do this for DC.

Also i converted one module (mentioned The Bell and The Staff) to DC and I am planing to redo it maybe, but before it i searched for vanila mods that i could convert and found 20+ (that are done about 1994) that doesn't have that later licence for what can be done with the modules, and they have only that the modules can be used for FRUA. So I was thinking can I use also this modules for my own adventures. Btw my current mood is creating one big module and if i plan on redoing something it will probably be much different from original with only fragments taken and incorporated and changed to fit my own story. So question is can I use those FRUA modules that doesnt have the line with permission to modify and use design for new games (which probably was added later).

So to summ it up i want to have a lots of characters for DC and FRUA too (those for FRUA probably will just be sorted by level and will not be changed, but for DC they might) and also wanted to ask if you guys maybe have some favorite hero characters that could be converted to DC and FRUA too (though I mostly work with DC :)). If You have some interesting ones maybe stats could be post here :) like Drizzt or Fizban or any other Hero/Villain that could be used for DC/FRUA.

Only problem here is that I am waiting for newer version of DC and then probably will start process of converting characters to DC with idea to have a nice collection of characters that can be used as PC or NPCs as needed.

Offline bravedogbfg

Re: Characters for DC/FRUA
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:07:30 AM »
This reminds me of a PnP session we had going.  We rotated DM and gave full license to use each others NPC's with a limitation that you couldn't kill or alter them in any significant way without permission of the 'owner'

Keep that in mind when taking other people's characters.  I am sure that most people will be cool with it, but try to make sure first.

Offline Milos Gulan

Re: Characters for DC/FRUA
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 12:58:54 PM »
That is cool :) thanks :) I hope I will be able to do best for everyone :D

anything