Author Topic: Deeds of a Demon (or is it Devil?)  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Sir Baskum

Deeds of a Demon (or is it Devil?)
« on: April 16, 2013, 03:12:42 PM »
Ok,

Who is the smart alec that uploaded this to the Mirror?  The games text is in German - Scheudenfraud! (is that how you spell it?)   I won't even try to play it as I won't understand a damn thing said in the narrative.  Anyone had any plans to do a translation and resubmittal?

Thanks

Offline nologgie

• Non-resident Non-expert
  • Dungeon Craft Tester
Re: Deeds of a Demon (or is it Devil?)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »
I've played, and played at translating, part of it.  It's actually pretty good.  The translation would probably work better if done by someone who actually speaks German.

I don't see a problem with having some non-English games in the archive.  A separate folder might be a good idea, but it rarely takes me long to figure out if a game is in a language I can't read.  ;)

I'd like to see the "Top" FRUA games translated into at least a half dozen languages, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the guy to do it.
Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps.

Offline Null Null

• Maker of excessively difficult vanilla mods
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:34:27 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vto_nCoab0s

Sometimes stuff gets lost in translation.

Offline hans

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »

Offline PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »
 :wav:

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 09:52:09 PM »

Beautiful!

When I saw another post on this thread, I was dreading what it might be...This is just AWESOME!

Offline Milos Gulan

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 06:41:31 AM »
Oh lol nice video :) watched it many times before but this version is great :)

Offline DrDan

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 09:11:56 AM »
Sorry for being one year late with an answer (unfortunately im not really active in this forum): I designed the module. And even more sorry that i did write it in german and didnt find the time to do an english version. If someone has the time and energy to do an translation - youre welcome.
All the best from Berlin,
Daniel

Offline hans

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 09:47:54 AM »
No need to apologize, DrDan.  We love the fact that our community has been international.   :)

Offline DrDan

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 03:42:54 AM »
Thanks a lot Hans; if I do another Module some time (I have begun like 10 Designs in the last decade but just finished the two i uploaded) I will do it in English.
Is there actually a possibility to translate the language of a module without going through every event on every map?
Best!
Daniel

Offline hans

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 10:42:02 PM »
...Is there actually a possibility to translate the language of a module without going through every event on every map?

I don't know... Perhaps Merric's GeoText program would help...?   :-\

Offline DrDan

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 02:06:32 AM »
The last Design i did ("Ayderfalls Adventures") in english; i just uploaded it some days ago. So probably some more people can play it than the german Design.
Best,
Dan

Offline Dinonykos

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Dinonykos Dungeon Craft
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 03:12:25 AM »
Ben J has done the huge "The Sect" design in German first and than translated it to English as far as I know - I guess if anybody knows how to do it effectively, he does...
Find four contributions to the Pre-Generated Character Mini-Module Design Contest on my homepage.
New: THE AMBASSADOR'S LETTER, my contribution to the 7-day-challenge.
DINONYKOS DUNGEON CRAFT DESIGN HOMEPAGE

Offline hans

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 10:47:01 AM »
The last Design i did ("Ayderfalls Adventures") in english; i just uploaded it some days ago. So probably some more people can play it than the german Design.
Best,
Dan

You should post a blurb about that mod in a new thread on the Module Design Previews board.    :)

I DLed it and plan to play, although it may take me a long time, --seeing as how most of my time is dedicated to work on my own entry in the Pre-Gen contest.  Looking at it, I see that there are a lot of Saved Games already.  I assume these were all ones you were using for your own playtesting.  Sometimes authors forget to clear these out before ULing new mods.  Not a big deal, but you might want to tell folks in your Preview announcement to ignore these and create their own Party.   ;)

anything