Author Topic: Multiple problems I'm having with an item for Serial Mod 6  (Read 696 times)

Offline Dragon Eye

Multiple problems I'm having with an item for Serial Mod 6
« on: February 05, 2012, 01:39:40 AM »
I based Serial Mod 6 off of Serial Mod 5.

Some things have not worked like they do in the previous (based on the default mod) mods I've made.

To the point, an item I've been working on in SM6 is not working the way I expect.

1) Drow items dissolve in sunlight: I used one of the item slots (217) that in default mods are drow items that are dissolved by the Transfer Mod event.  I was under the impression that "dissolving in sunlight" is tied to item number (the default drow items), but it's not working with this item.

a) Is the dissolving not tied to specific items? and
  b) if not, what items (if any) dissolve in a Realm mod?
  c) or is there another explanation I'm missing?

2) The reason I want this item to dissolve is that it is a pretty superior weapon that should only be available in one part of the game.  But it's also not working the way I think it should in that part of the game.

a) It uses pointer 117 which is "spikes"
 b) I made it useable by all classes
 c) It's supposed to be a gun, so it has 12 attacks/ 2 rounds and a range  of 15 squares.
 d) When I try to use it, it doesn't give the ability to target.  I was under the impression that any ranged weapon that wasn't tied to using a type of ammo was a sling and didn't need ammo, also in the UA newsletter I looked at it appeared that "spikes" had the same attributes as sling.
 e) If I put a character in Quick mode they will attack the enemy next to them with this item, so it seems to work as a melee item.

What am I doing wrong? I've been out of the game too long.

Offline GoldBoxFan

• "We need more cowbell."
Re: Multiple problems I'm having with an item for Serial Mod 6
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 01:24:46 PM »

Offline Dragon Eye

Re: Multiple problems I'm having with an item for Serial Mod 6
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »
Thanks.  I shouldn't post things when it's so late that I should be asleep.  I woke up this morning and remembered it's the pointers (classes) that have the "destroy drow items" property.  So I changed the class and actually used one of the "Extra" items, planning to turn the previously used item back into a broadsword +2.  The new item works great, except that it's a boulder and so only gets one use.  Back to the drawing board.

anything