Author Topic: PREVIEW: Major Mystery's new look  (Read 1515 times)

Offline hans

PREVIEW: Major Mystery's new look
« on: January 27, 2009, 04:06:42 PM »
I'm experimenting with putting in a picture... 

Let's see if this works...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:23:39 PM by hans »

Offline hans

Re: PREVIEW: Major Mystery's new look
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »
Yay!  It did work. 

This, btw, is the new look Major Mystery will be sporting in my upcoming mod. 

It's basically the same general outfit (including mustache) as he had in my first MM mod ("Superdead"), but reinterpreted, like a new artist on a comicbook will often tweak the features of an established character. 

It's a sleeker, more colorful version.  More like a classic comicbook look.

Offline hans

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »
For you folks who don't know: Click on the pic to see it fullsize. ;)

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 11:22:13 PM »
Hey Hans! Did you mention that you used the Freedom Force character tool to create this?

It's very nice. The moustache and the headband give MM a very 70's look to him. I like it. He's like Doctor Strange's hipper cousin.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline hans

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:12:38 AM »
Hey Hans! Did you mention that you used the Freedom Force character tool to create this?

It's very nice. The moustache and the headband give MM a very 70's look to him. I like it. He's like Doctor Strange's hipper cousin.

Yes, I used the FF CTool.  Here's a pic (reduced in colors so that I could post the fullscreen for folks). 

Using CTool, I can move my Major Mystery character into any number of positions (here he is running from a side-view).  Then, to create a UA pic, I select an area, anywhere from a full body shot to a close-up, and then crop it.  Then I paste in a new background where all that white is.  Then I may soften the image some, reduce it to UA pic size, reduce the colors, and make any small adjustments I may wish from there. 

It certainly saves mucho time from trying to draw everything from scratch, pic after pic, like I did for my first two mods ("Fire and Water" & "Marshal Mars"). 

Besides creating an FF skin for Major Mystery, I did one each for Insomneus and Citizen Solar (who will play ongoing roles as the serial progresses) and also for Monsieur Mirage and an unnamed patriotic hero who both make only cameo serial appearances with this chapter.   

I'm glad somebody likes MM's moustache.  :D  His character's intention is to represent himself as a mystical-style superhero (although his powers are actually more psionic), so sporting a "Mandrake the Magician" or "Dr. Strange" moustache seemed natural.   ;)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:08:31 AM by hans »

Offline hans

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 12:15:18 PM »
The new look mod, Mj-M-1, is now available at the UA File Archive;
http://frua.rosedragon.org/new.htm 

So, you can play it and maybe let me know what you think of the new look (and my FF CTool technique results)...