Author Topic: Pool of Darkness conversions  (Read 789 times)

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Pool of Darkness conversions
« on: July 06, 2010, 04:17:58 PM »
Thanks to Ishad Nha's work on decrytping the GoldBox games and making them available for FRUA and particularly for Dungeon Craft, I've gotten re-interested in grabbing art from the old gems for use in DC, most particularly for use to anyone who wants to do a DC version of one of the efforts that Ishad has already made available.

I'm starting with the Pool of Darkness, as Ishad has done a lot of work on this and it has the highest quality art - much of which appears in FRUA (available for download in DC format), but there is also some good art that didn't make the cut for FRUA. You can read all about in the original thread.

Using the testing feature, I started out in East Phlan. The artwork I encountered that is not enclosed in the FRUA conversions at the above link to the UA archives is attached to this post.

I will add more to this thread as I get it done. This is what I do when I'm at an impass in other DC stuff, so I don't know how often I'll be adding to it, but I have a pretty decent workflow for capturing walls in-game and converting them to DC. :)