Author Topic: Monster item use  (Read 342 times)

Offline Nol Drek

• Dungeon Craft Tester
    • Nol Drek's Web Site
Re: Monster item use
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 10:06:49 PM »
It seems to me that the only reason to have separate filters is if they are bing called at different times.

I think it makes sense to have separate filters. For example, a RangedWeapon action needs a RangedWeaponFilter to filter out actions against enemies that are too close (adjacent), while a MeleeWeapon action needs a MeleeWeaponFilter to filter out actions against enemies that are too far away (not adjacent).

If this was combined into a single filter it would need to check the action type and have a conditional filter based on the action type, which is basically what the AI already does.
"Into the Drachensgrab Mountains!"

http://www.noldrek.com

Offline manikus

• Skriptor
  • Administrator
Re: Monster item use
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 01:23:15 PM »
It seems to me that the only reason to have separate filters is if they are bing called at different times.

I think it makes sense to have separate filters. For example, a RangedWeapon action needs a RangedWeaponFilter to filter out actions against enemies that are too close (adjacent), while a MeleeWeapon action needs a MeleeWeaponFilter to filter out actions against enemies that are too far away (not adjacent).

If this was combined into a single filter it would need to check the action type and have a conditional filter based on the action type, which is basically what the AI already does.

When I wrote that, I dd\idn't know that the engine was deciding when the filters were run, or even if they were run.  Knowing what I know now, I completely agree with you :)

anything